Who is in the wrong here - please help - NEW creator.

Who is in the wrong in this situation ?

• Johnfromengland

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • YouTube

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnfromengland

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It would be easier to post this "transcript" but i can post link to video if requested/allowed.

START OF TRANSCRIPT.

HELLO , YOU-TUBE. John from England here.

I just wanted to make a real quick video about YouTube and How despite only having a account that started uploading this year. They have just issued me my first community strike for... NO REASON At All.

The strike was issued, apparently, because I put in the description of a playlist - viewer digression advised 18+. Literally about 10 seconds later i received a YouTube notification telling me i had broken a community strike. The play list was called "Mature Content, sorry kids". IT had No videos. let me say that again. NO Video or videos in at all. Not one. I was not planning on posting any adult material or violence, that they would consider a breach of Terms and conditions. It is outrageous how they treat small or new users to YouTube. And giving me it for that reason is beyond pathetic. Nobody could see the playlist. Not even me. Try it. Create a playlist, but do not add a video too it. Then add that playlist into the playlists that appear on your channel. It will not show up. They are not visible if there is not content.

So one last quick rant and round-up.

I have been uploading only since January 2017. I was organizing my channel and renaming my playlists. I wanted to add some videos in the future that may contain language that was best suited to those above the age of 18. I gave my already previously created album. Titled. Mature content ,sorry kids. A description instead of leaving it blank.I typed in a description.The description read. viewer discretion advised 18 +. - Within 10 to 15 seconds I received a community strike for giving a empty playlist that nobody except myself could see, a 6 word description. And even if they could I only have 13 subscribers, who did they think was going to watch the video that did not exist in the playlist that they couldn't see. Has this happened to you? Did you get it resolved?

My final though is - YouTube acted like a "pre crime" prevention team or something. Striking me before i acted. Bang out of order. and totally undeserved in my opinion, am I wrong ?

END OF TRANSCRIPT

I am not plugging for views and subs, i have a legitimate question if people believe this is fair ? Who is in the wrong ?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Without actually posting anything I can't see how you've done anything wrong...

Maybe the "pre crime" situation would be correct.

Them words in that order probably set off a trigger.. load of ** hey?

Reactions: Johnfromengland

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@Johnfromengland Metadata, including titles and descriptions of videos or playlists, can draw a Community Guidelines Strike. It doesn't matter at all that your playlist had no content. Mature Audience content, even as metadata, breaks YouTube's Community Guidelines.

In other words, in titling that playlist that way, you were literally asking for it!

Last edited:

Johnfromengland

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for the reply UKhypnotist, That is a shame , and considering some of the ACTUAL content on YouTube that breaks this rule and practically every other, in a much "worse" way. I think it is a bit overboard.

A couple of quick example : I hope my examples do not break T&C I added some !!
EXAMPLES -

LIFE OF A COCKROACH (r!!!!!d and m!!!!d on her wedding day)
Ron S!!!!!!o
  • 10 months ago
reality of today's cruelty and the evil that men do.

showing thumbnail of tied up man next to a man ontop of a woman with his a!! on show and on top of the woman with spread l!!!s.

EXAMPLE

The most violent street fight ever

r!!!!o best

Published on 12 Oct 2014
This happen everywhere.

Thumbnail - two men fighting

ETC ETC ETC - You tube is full of them. Breaking rules of Posting violence/sexual content/death/gore etc ...

So why are the not removed ? (This a open ended question not directly aimed at anybody now), and yet they insta-strike a Tiny YouTube
channel like my own. Pretty extreme really.

Johnfromengland

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
To be honest, no,i never, they were just two that came up straight away when i entered certain search parameters for examples to show, I would be there all day and night flagging them individually.

I guess i just have to wait and see what my appeal says and take it on the chin, lesson learned.
"Don't add informative statements or warnings in your playlist or title description."

Thanks for the input. :D

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
To be honest, no,i never, they were just two that came up straight away when i entered certain search parameters for examples to show, I would be there all day and night flagging them individually.

I guess i just have to wait and see what my appeal says and take it on the chin, lesson learned.
"Don't add informative statements or warnings in your playlist or title description."

Thanks for the input. :D
You're very welcome, John.

After slightly more than a decade on YouTube both as creator and as viewer, I am constantly surprised by the infractions people get away with; and conversely, by how hard people can be slapped for seemingly minor things.

That said, have a great week!

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
YouTube has become stricter and their algorithms become better at finding content they deem objectionable every day.

New videos, channels, playlists, etc. get scanned as they're uploaded while older content is rarely re-scanned or only sporadically.

I would imagine the sheer amount of content would make it a major chore to recheck everything regularly and, if an item has been up for multiple years without a community strike, they likely assume there isn't anything wrong with it or worth rechecking.[DOUBLEPOST=1484587783,1484587728][/DOUBLEPOST]
...and that's why they're still up.

Reactions: UKHypnotist