Animation Who here are animators? Let's be friends :D

Jaybabywolf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey, I check the collab forum out a lot but its very much dominated by gaming/LP youtubers, which is cool but I was wondering if any of you are animators, and fancy just being youtube mates? I dont really know anyone who Youtubes personally

Reactions: Malousak

Will

*The guy who uses asterisks to narrate everything*
Reaction score
The rip between the 8th and 9th dimension
Channel Type
Cartoonist, Animator
animation is bae.

I wish I animated that good. :(
But anyway I haven't seen you around yet soooo welcome! :)

Jaybabywolf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Heyy thanks man! You're not bad at all, just takes practice! Thing is I lurk around Newgrounds then feel instantly inferior instantly, so I'm just determined to improve until I'm on their level :D (and then probably keep going till I'm on Harry Partridge's level, which'll be in, well, probably never he's a god damn wizard)

Reactions: Will

Will

*The guy who uses asterisks to narrate everything*
Reaction score
The rip between the 8th and 9th dimension
Channel Type
Cartoonist, Animator
Heyy thanks man! You're not bad at all, just takes practice! Thing is I lurk around Newgrounds then feel instantly inferior instantly, so I'm just determined to improve until I'm on their level :D (and then probably keep going till I'm on Harry Partridge's level, which'll be in, well, probably never he's a god damn wizard)
I feel like I have the ability to make excellent animations. I'd say I can draw very well. But my biggest problem is patience to put ALL that work in. That's what I've needed to practice recently. :)

Reactions: Jaybabywolf

Jaybabywolf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I feel like I have the ability to make excellent animations. I'd say I can draw very well. But my biggest problem is patience to put ALL that work in. That's what I've needed to practice recently. :)
I think it's the same for everyone, hell I'm procrastinating right now, but you have to force yourself sometimes when you're not feeling motivated, and then really jump on it whenever you are motivated and feeling in the mood to draw, even if it's only for like half an hour.

Saying that, starting out is the hardest because you're not as fast and efficient at animating then you will be down the line, and it's easy to just get frustrated and think f**k THIS I'M GOING PLAYIN TF2 f**k DIS. It's like exercise basically. Unappealing as all hell at first, but you sort of fall in love with it over time, despite it being hard and draining.

I think I just described Stockholm Syndrome...

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
I am a animator and I would love to have a youtube mate. btw, I just looked at your video of the legend of korra and it was good!

Reactions: Jaybabywolf

Jaybabywolf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thanks man! Just watched your stuff, its funny! Definitely keep it up! We should make our own animator community on YT Talk somehow, it'd be nice :)

Reactions: Loery Potpie

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks man! Just watched your stuff, its funny! Definitely keep it up! We should make our own animator community on YT Talk somehow, it'd be nice :)
Thanks!! Yeah, that would be great! Unfortunately I haven't seen many animators on Yttalk. I think you and Will Finlay are the only I've seen so far.

CaptainRomulus

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Yeah dude, let's be buds! I'm glad I've found out you guys exist!

Jaybabywolf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah dude, let's be buds! I'm glad I've found out you guys exist!
Oh man, just watched your videos! You my friend are completely bananas (I love it). What program do you use to animate? You putting yourself in your videos like that is absolutely brilliant (and really really surreal) and I totally subbed :D BUT YES FRIENDS PLEASE! I need to get a skype really though!