Who has experience with sponsored content/advertising?

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Over the past couple of weeks I've been contacted by a couple of different companies about promoting their products through my channel.

It's not something I'd ever really thought about, but if brands from my niche think I could bring them value, then I want to make sure I do it correctly.

The biggest question I have is how do you value the exposure you can give? One of the brands offered me a 'freebie' and the other straight up cash.

This is, of course, a very nice problem to have, but I want to make sure I'm not selling mself short (whilst being very careful to not look like I'm selling myself out!).

For those who have have been in this situation before, how did you value your channel? And what other advice can you give?

Some stats if it matters: ~85k views/day, ~352k watch time minutes/day, ~70% retantion rate, 7k subscribers. More info on request.

Thanks

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
You get 85000 views per day with 7000 subscribers? That's remarkable.
What is your average view count per video? That will be important to a sponsor, as will your demographic; the average age and sex of your viewer and the countries they live in.

Personally I'm an advocate of not being greedy when you first get these first offers. Accept what they offer, even if it is a freebie, and then when you have some results from the first two or three sponsored videos you can take a look at what these companies are paying for more traditional advertising and the coverage they get from that. This should give you an idea of how much you can charge.

Hope this helps, and congratulations for those figures!

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You get 85000 views per day with 7000 subscribers? That's remarkable.
What is your average view count per video? That will be important to a sponsor, as will your demographic; the average age and sex of your viewer and the countries they live in.

Personally I'm an advocate of not being greedy when you first get these first offers. Accept what they offer, even if it is a freebie, and then when you have some results from the first two or three sponsored videos you can take a look at what these companies are paying for more traditional advertising and the coverage they get from that. This should give you an idea of how much you can charge.

Hope this helps, and congratulations for those figures!
Thanks. Yes subs have never really been important to me (not that I've not wanted them!), I've always gotten views.

When you say average views per video, is that just (total views)/(number of videos)? If so it's about 80k.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Check out SocialBlueBook
Their tools should be able to give you a ‘rough’ idea of what your channel is worth/ how much you should ask for.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have never been paid for advertising but most of the products I review I got for free from the manufacturer or a seller and can keep them (and resell if I want to).
So yes, I do have a hard time to be critical on products that I don't like.
But this is how I do it. I don't say "This sucks!". I mention all the negative points, but keep myself neutral. So people themself can think "that sucks!".

kabayashy

Reaction score
Go for it if you like. I've done it multiple times and you can always know the result by putting tracking links in the description/pinned comment.
Of course it depends on your content. Are you normally actively interact with your audience? Is your personal impression big enough for people to actually listen to the creator?
Sponsored vids will often marked as "sell-out", so make it worth it. Only do with the products that you find helpful. Be a honest reviewer and if possible, giveaway some prizes (gift cards...)
About the price, I agree that you should not concern too much about it for the first time. After the result from the first time, you can use it as an anchor point for your later negotiations.
You have a remarkable result. How long has your channel performed like that? By my observation, it can last around one year.