MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
always interesting to know but there are probably Jordan Peterson fans around here. Plenty of what he says makes sense to me, and his content is the kind that is constantly surprising and manages to go deeper than expected. His analyses on pop culture for e.g. Pinoccio or Harry Potter, very interesting everything he manages to extract out of there, and then articulate the perfect interpretation afterwards.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
I really used to enjoy Fouseytube. I think he was such a great role model, and inspiration. I was really sad to see his meltdown/manic episode last summer because I know he just needs help. People were so quick to jump ship, although all in all he really used his platform to be positive. Until you know.. he didn't.

I also like Roman Atwood, he is so positive and he just always lifts my spirits. But I honestly watch any youtuber if the content is good.

Message me guys so I can subscribe and support you all!

JSRG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
PBG, JonTron, MaxMoeFoe, IDubbbz, Pyrocynical, Memeulous, ABrandonToThePast, penguinz0, and Pwnapplez. I also really like ESO Elder Scrolls and Fallout Guides when he isn't bitching about getting demonitised.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
PBG, JonTron, MaxMoeFoe, IDubbbz, Pyrocynical, Memeulous, ABrandonToThePast, penguinz0, and Pwnapplez. I also really like ESO Elder Scrolls and Fallout Guides when he isn't bitching about getting demonitised.
this guy still have his show ? He was a major attraction back when YouTube didn't have much of what he offered. I guess it must be his main job now. I wonder how long a YT'er can go...make a whole career out of this ?..

Reactions: allthingstodd

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
this guy still have his show ? He was a major attraction back when YouTube didn't have much of what he offered. I guess it must be his main job now. I wonder how long a YT'er can go...make a whole career out of this ?..
I think Ytbers can have very long careers, it just depends on how you use your platform ya know? Branching out and doing other things probably is the most realistic way to have a long career. If your name remains important in regards to Entertainment, I doubt you'd lose your audience. Ya know?

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I think Ytbers can have very long careers, it just depends on how you use your platform ya know? Branching out and doing other things probably is the most realistic way to have a long career. If your name remains important in regards to Entertainment, I doubt you'd lose your audience. Ya know?
Well, empires rise and fall. It's just a rule in this world. YT may itself not be as relevant and the monopoly it is today in just some years time.
What's a show that's lasted forever. Wheel of Fortune ? Nobody watches that anymore. Who wants to be a Millionaire ? I may not be a YT historian, but I can't remember a channel that was big back in the early days that still is as great today. Things change. Very quickly.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Well, empires rise and fall. It's just a rule in this world. YT may itself not be as relevant and the monopoly it is today in just some years time.
What's a show that's lasted forever. Wheel of Fortune ? Nobody watches that anymore. Who wants to be a Millionaire ? I may not be a YT historian, but I can't remember a channel that was big back in the early days that still is as great today. Things change. Very quickly.
That’s true, very true! But think about it like this.. some huge Actors/etc. started on “SNL” and “In Living Color”... no one cares about SNL and ILC isn’t even on anymore... BUT those Actors are just as or even more relevant now because they used that platform as a way to build a following and eventually branch out and find more opportunities

Reactions: MindfulInquirer

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
That’s true, very true! But think about it like this.. some huge Actors/etc. started on “SNL” and “In Living Color”... no one cares about SNL and ILC isn’t even on anymore... BUT those Actors are just as or even more relevant now because they used that platform as a way to build a following and eventually branch out and find more opportunities
yes but the platform for those actors was still there for them. You see what I mean ? Who knows what YouTube will be like in just a few years. Remember how HUGE certain internet websites/trends were for a time, alta vista, Kazza, Winamp, yahoo...they got replaced by different, better alternatives. Maybe the YouTube of the future is substantially different from the one we have now, if it's there at all.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
yes but the platform for those actors was still there for them. You see what I mean ? Who knows what YouTube will be like in just a few years. Remember how HUGE certain internet websites/trends were for a time, alta vista, Kazza, Winamp, yahoo...they got replaced by different, better alternatives. Maybe the YouTube of the future is substantially different from the one we have now, if it's there at all.
OMG I can’t even fathom that haha. Like I’m putting so much into my Channel just thinking of what’s going to replace YouTube is getting me depressed af haha