Who Are These Guys? Is this Worth Pursuing?

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello all,

I got this emai early this morning:

"Hi :)

Pleasure to emeet.

I'm Josh from beaverQ, a marketplace that matches brands and influencers. We have international customers such as Gap, Unilever, Dominos Pizza, Coca-Cola, and more.

For more information about us just go to: *ommited*

Our algorithm spotted your YouTube profile and marked you as an influencer! So it's great news for you, cause we have a new brand in your location which potentially wants to promote itself with influencers.

If you find it interesting, please register to our platform (with your YouTube account especially, and also with your other social accounts) so we can offer your profile to the brand, and even match you other great campaigns by your profile interests.

Registration link: *ommited*

Then, after you register, once we matched a campaign for you, you will have the option to participate in a paid campaign with the brand. It doesn't mean that it will happen immediately, but registering will increase the chances significantly.

The registration is totally free and even if you don't participate in the up coming campaign (it's still potentially), you may get other great offers from brands in the future.

If you have any questions - don't hesitate to reply.

Thanks!

BTW - feel free to visit us at our social channels: *ommited*

Anyone has experience with these guys? Is it legit? I have such a small following, not even 100 subs. Why would they want to do anything with me channel?

Thanks, any input is appreciated.

TLWS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's fake. They wanted ALL of your accounts. This will most likely use your channel for spamming other peoples videos with their medication or stuff. It's not real my dude. Sorry.

Last edited:

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is WITHOUT A DOUBT a spam e-mail. Completely fake, generic 'too good to be true' scam method. Sorry dude!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It sounds like a famebit.com type of marketplace. Even though it sounds like brands are clamouring to partner with you, it's usually not like that... We get a dozen of these every few days, everything from el-cheap knockoff toy promos to offers of TV deals, major global brand partnerships, stuff like that. I love the word "influencer". Is that the new buzz word of 2017?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I love the word "influencer". Is that the new buzz word of 2017?
That's the give-away right there, "influencer".. I wouldnt call it a 'scam', but definitely too good to be true, or, it sounds good/free, but once they hook you in, you have to pay.
Phffttt.. "influencer" ...

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the YouTube Monetization and Partnership discussion forum. ^^

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Search for them. I just found the BeaverQ web site and they are definitely moving in a similar vein to Famebit from the look of their front page. Don't say something is a scam before you do your homework.
Thanks everyone,

given my low reach, if this is real, why would they event be interested in my channel? As I said I have only 94 subs. It doesn't add up.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks everyone,

given my low reach, if this is real, why would they event be interested in my channel? As I said I have only 94 subs. It doesn't add up.
Here is how you find out.

Go to the site and use the "Contact Us" link. Copy and paste the email you got from their supposed "scout", and ask them exactly the question you just posted here!

Reactions: nad