Which videos are interesting to watch, short videos or long videos?

kpadz

I am going to create my second speed drawing video in my channel and I'm confused about the length of the video. My first video was 10 mins+ long but it didn't get any attention so I'm going to create my second video and it is going to be a shorter one. I'm hoping it would create attention. Any suggestions if this is better?

Try in between, no one wants to watch it go by too fast, and too long. Try 5 minutes if you can :) See how that works.

You should check your analytics and see the average duration people watch until that point and go from there!

I think length is truly irrelevant. The easiest answer is that an interesting video is interesting because of the content, not the length. If a video is interesting, people will watch.

If it’s a tutorial, 10 minutes isn’t too bad. But people generally like to receive the information rather quickly. However, if it’s just you drawing, 10 minutes might be a little too long.

I am going to create my second speed drawing video in my channel and I'm confused about the length of the video. My first video was 10 mins+ long but it didn't get any attention so I'm going to create my second video and it is going to be a shorter one. I'm hoping it would create attention. Any suggestions if this is better?
Starting out, you may want to go with shorter views. As retention is a big thing to Youtube, try a few 2 to 3 minute videos but be sure they are worth watching. Some good content will keep them viewing so your retention rate could easily go past 60%.

When I'm browsing for a specific topic amongst channels I don't know, I tend to go with the shorter videos. Now there are so many competing, I think shorter ones are more convenient.

Back