Which type of videos attract most viewer?

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Let say you are very good in editing, doing voice over and all that but something is wrong. The video that you do don't attract much viewer mainly because of the topic that you done. It could be some topic that is over saturated or maybe the video itself seem boring to watch.

For those who are doing make-up and gaming video. Do you think those kind of video will able to attract viewer since those type is most talked in YouTube.

VidaDeJeremiah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally think Trending Topics are great options when it comes to uploading videos. A lot of people have grown into YT success from focusing on trending video ideas. Mukbangs, and ASMR are some examples of the over saturated markets that have made some people grow. Although there are lots of people making those videos stand to you have to bring something unique to the video in order to attract new subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No doubt trending topics are good and a lot of channels has grown this way. So if you can do videos about these topics it´s great. However there are topics that will be interesting now,1000 years from now and was interesting 1000 years ago:) I´m thinking about stuff like death, how to be happy and live a better life. So I try to do my videos about topics like that.

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It is what you have to say or show. Not what people are looking the most I ithink.

:)

TAir

Reaction score
It depends but maybe musical videos?

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah you can get viewers with gaming videos, it is always possible. It's not easy and a lot of people want to do gaming vids with almost no strategy and expect something to happen just because they're passionate about it. To have long term success though I think there are a lot of skills you have to develop, picking interesting topics with demand but not too much competition, recognizing opportunities, seeing trends and patterns to select choose future content. Boring doesn't matter as much as people think unless you are only planning to have value from your personality being entertaining which I think is a mistake unless you know you are talented. There is a lot of other value you can add to gaming vids that you don't need personality for, such as strategy, tips, informational, lore, challenges, and doing crazy difficult things among others. I'm a very boring person in real life but I still have a few people who watch me, so I don't think boring should be the issue holding you back.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My videos don't get a lot of attention because most people are offended by them and YouTube actively tries to harm people working in my niche, so... yeah. What I am doing will not attract a lot of attention.

Rambalac

Reaction score
"Trendy" videos are tremendously boring. If some people like current trend doesn't mean the same people like next trend. So, why anyone keep subscribing channel with random videos?

Gerald Z

Reaction score
that's quite the objective question, lol. take one single person for example. watch they want to watch depends on so many things, like if they want to know something, a how-to vid, if they want to listen to music while working, music...
if they are in a bad mood, random, lol.
depends on how the person feels, what time of day it might be, so...
all types have a pretty much fair chance of getting the same views.

WarriorDan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Keeping in tune with current trends in your chosen field, whether its gaming, vlogging, etc, as well as good thumbnail design, and decent editing skills, will all help contribute towards a video's success. Also be sure to take full advantage of the video tag system, as how well you use this tool can largely determine the success or failure of your video.