Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Which thumbnail style you think would be better?

Discussion in 'Reviews & Channel Feedback' started by GameThumb, Aug 26, 2017.

1. GameThumb
    Cash:
    $5
    Until now I was using just plain images with no text. I wonder if thumbnails with text would perform better.
    Would love some feedback. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dutchie in England
    Exploring England one video at a time!
    Cash:
    $108
    Putting the name/logo of the game on the thumbnail is always a good idea, because people might not recognize the game from the picture. I personally do put a title on the picture, but I would make sure it doesn't interfere with the picture ;)

3. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $6,783
    I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

4. GameThumb
    Cash:
    $5
    Sorry about that. :oops:

Thanks. I changed most of my thumbnails. Will report back if I see any significant change.

5. Knowledgia
    Cash:
    $31
    I think the one with letters and words is better, sometimes this kind of things , like words help you marketing better your videos

6. Kota
    Cash:
    $0
    I think the 2nd one is way better because it lets people know what the video is about!

7. GameThumb
    Cash:
    $5
    So after changing all of my thumbnails and adding text on them I actually saw quite a drop in views from suggested and search results. After like 4 days I changed thumbnails back to plain image with a border to stand out a little bit and the views are slowly getting back to normal.