Which Thumbnail Is Better?

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, everyone!

As the title says, I'd like some feedback on which thumbnail is better? And you if you don't like either of them, I'd love to know how to improve, thanks!

Too_Good_At_Goodbyes_Thumbnail_1.jpg Too_Good_At_Goodbyes_Two.jpg

OR

Too_Good_At_Goodbyes_Thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

Jed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Out of the three I would suggest the first one. But why have you put yourself in the background? I know it's Sam Smith's song, but it's your cover on your channel. To be honest with you I don't think you need the picture of Sam Smith and instead move yourself more to the left and then have the title on the right of yourself with the font a bit bigger so it is easier to read when the whole thing is smaller and not covering your face. But if you are set on having his picture there at least make it so that you and him are the same size and so 'equals' for your cover

Reactions: AuthenticFINN

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Out of the three I would suggest the first one. But why have you put yourself in the background? I know it's Sam Smith's song, but it's your cover on your channel. To be honest with you I don't think you need the picture of Sam Smith and instead move yourself more to the left and then have the title on the right of yourself with the font a bit bigger so it is easier to read when the whole thing is smaller and not covering your face. But if you are set on having his picture there at least make it so that you and him are the same size and so 'equals' for your cover
Thanks for the feedback. Honestly, hadn't notice that I had put myself in the background until you mentioned it. Also, I like to put the original artist in the thumbnail... I actually don't know. I just like to respect the original artist I guess, as in, "this may be my cover, but it's not my song, it's there's". If that makes sense.

Anyway, I tried to put your feedback into the concept I already had, (which was a tad difficult and I wish I wasn't so stubborn), and I came up with these:

Too_Good_At_Goodbyes_Thumbnail.jpg Look_What_You_Made_Me_Do_Thumbnail.jpg

Reactions: Jed

Jed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're welcome, I'm just glad I could help. What you were saying about respecting the original artist makes a lot of sense and I think it's a nice attitude to have.

In terms of the new thumbnails that you have come up with. I think they're a lot better than the original 3 you showcased in the beginning. The font is easier to read and there is a nice balance between you and the original artist. I think you have a good base template to use for the future

Reactions: AuthenticFINN

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're welcome, I'm just glad I could help. What you were saying about respecting the original artist makes a lot of sense and I think it's a nice attitude to have.

In terms of the new thumbnails that you have come up with. I think they're a lot better than the original 3 you showcased in the beginning. The font is easier to read and there is a nice balance between you and the original artist. I think you have a good base template to use for the future
Thank you! I really appreciate your help! :)