Which editing software do you recommend?

What editing software do you find to be the best?

• Total voters

Unknown_User12

Account Closed
Reaction score
Not really. Windows Movie Maker is "OK" but the rendering is lacking, options are lacking and it's just not as good :p
I'm aware, but to be honest, when you start making videos you don't need software that strong. I started in iMovie, went to FCPX, then to AE CS6 as my needs changed

Unknown_User12

Account Closed
Reaction score
The software package (CS5.5, 6 etc., contains the programs (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, etc.). It's expensive, a couple thousand $$$$ but I can do pretty much anything with it. I've even done a few productions for small companies in my area including on-location shoots (I have full studio lighting, mics, etc.).

You don't have to pirate to get the software. My CS Suite was a gift from a friend.
I know that. The OP asked what software. You said the package. There are multiple editing programs in it. I know it's expensive, I own the CS6 package. As for the piracy comment, I assumed that since you sounded uninformed

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm aware, but to be honest, when you start making videos you don't need software that strong. I started in iMovie, went to FCPX, then to AE CS6 as my needs changed
True, but there can be no harm on starting on a strong foot and learning good software to start.

chazzalyn

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm a poor person that can't afford all this fancy software :p But what I can tell you, is that I have a deep loathing for windows movie maker haha

M424Filmcast

Director, Producer, Short Filmmaker, Musician
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger
I know that. The OP asked what software. You said the package. There are multiple editing programs in it. I know it's expensive, I own the CS6 package. As for the piracy comment, I assumed that since you sounded uninformed
Dayummmm LOL, I think I just got dissed haha...

I understood the question, it's just that I included the programs by stating that I own the Suite. When I answered the poll, I ticked the one indicating Adobe Premiere since Adobe Premiere Pro is included in the Suite. So to be clear, the specific software program I prefer is Premiere Pro, though at times I will use Premiere Elements 10 or 11 if it's just a simple edit I need to do. The software Suite containing the multiple programs I use is CS5.5.

Reactions: APunkGaming

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I use Powerdirector, but would use After Effects with Premiere if I was able to.

TundraZer0

Generic Title
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Right now I use Sony Vegas Pro 11. It. Is. Sexy. :biggrin: I used to use Pinnacle Studio, but man, that thing had absolutely no options. Sooner or later I'm probably gonna get after effects. But that's for another time.

Shewquet

Youtuber who loves to edit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
well right now i use final cut pro x and learning adobe after affects and premier i just posted a video on my channel showcasing some stuff i learned

RayofNox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started off with sony vegas but after a few months i switched over to adobe premiere cs6 since i kept running into issues with sony vegas for the things i wanted to do.
Now with premiere i find it easier to work with and more options available but it does take a bit getting used to.