Which camera should i buy?

Jimmy21

Reaction score
I'm looking to start a channel and I want to buy a camera for it. What I'm looking at filming would be indoors in a controlled environment with a tripod and good lighting set up. It will mostly be closer up shots. Think "filming your hand from a few feet away." I will be putting music over, so sound will not be an issue. I want to keep the budget pretty low. I'm looking at maybe the 200-300 range. I could spend more if its critical, but I'm thinking I should be able to get away with that. I dont know if I'd be better off with a dslr or a camcorder.

Reactions: guco

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I bought mine for $300, its the lumix 60x zoom haha, you can see the quality in my videos. It's worked great, has 4k if you want that, beautiful picture mode,
touchscreen, many many options haha.

Reactions: guco

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You obviously want a camera with macro and zoom.

I use a Nikon L820 and it works very well.

You can pick these up secondhand for about $80 AU. Shoots 1080P.

I also have a $680 Lumix FZ300 but prefer the Nikon. It's just easier to use and has a good auto focusing system.

Cheers Rob

Reactions: guco and Bruman

Kimwinsty01

Reaction score
In my opinion, It's great to get a good camera. But i think it depends on budget too, what you should be taking serious more is also lighting equipment. With good light comes good effect and images.

Ian Smith

Reaction score
Website
stemgoals.co.uk
Channel Type
Other
I'm looking to get a Canon M50 - lots of top YouTubers have made videos about it and it gets great feedback for its stabilisation, image quality and ability to shoot in 4K at a reasonable price.