Where to search for a local YouTube-crew?

Paperblossem

Reaction score
Remember those old Smosh videos from 2010/2013-ish? I want to make videos like that. I want to make comedy sketches like that.

The point is that I live in The Netherlands with an English YouTube channel. The only friends I have are people who are either too busy to help or they live too far away.

Is there a website or anything I could use to find local YouTubers who could help me making those comedy sketches?

CaptainNeedy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm doubtful for whether a website like this exists that would have lots of users ready and waiting in any given location. If it exists it's even more doubtful that a random sampling of YouTubers from YTTalk would necessarily know about it.

Is there some way you could get people to help remotely? Sounds like what you're trying to do would require people live and in person.

Your best bet might be to figure out EVERYTHING you can think of to make it take the absolute least amount of time for people participating. Then think if there is ANY kind of enducement or reward you have to offer them for participation --I know, there are some people for whom YouTube fame is not enough, Crazy right?-- and then... Beg your friends again a lot.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Remember those old Smosh videos from 2010/2013-ish? I want to make videos like that. I want to make comedy sketches like that.

The point is that I live in The Netherlands with an English YouTube channel. The only friends I have are people who are either too busy to help or they live too far away.

Is there a website or anything I could use to find local YouTubers who could help me making those comedy sketches?

Well, we have a collaboration forum here where you could start a thread in the appropriate sub-section. :)

Reactions: Paperblossem

PickleStar

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey, friend, I make comedy sketches too, so I think I might have some good words of wisdom for you...

With equipment, skill, and crew difference between us and the big comedians we see on TV, there is a lot of making up we have to do. We have to make-do with what we have.

Write your scripts with the locations, actors, and equipment that you have. Do not write it with the locations, actors, and equipment that you wish you had. There have been plenty of times where I have filmed solely by myself, or mostly by myself, and have been able to create a successful video.

Make-do with what you do have, that's all I can really offer you in advice. If your friends are busy, give them small cameo-like roles in your films. You can also check out some acting schools around you? I have recruited people from musicals too, if you wanna try that. Most young adults or teenagers are eager to jump onto projects like this, especially if you already have work to show.

I hope this was helpful, friend. Good luck!