Where to promote videos

MeltedPebbles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys! So I have been messing around with a few different sites and I was wondering what site works best for you for promoting videos? I have tried reddit but my channel is based on indie horror games and I have not been able to find a good subreddit for it. Any advice is much appreciated!

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Promoting on Reddit is usually frowned upon. Unless the subreddit states otherwise.

I don't promote much. One time here and one time on twitter so idk man. Maybe just tell people irl to go check you out.

Cry a little bit so they will think "man he is so passionate about his channel" and go pity check you out.

I'd do it

Jango

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Sadly, there really is no way to properly promote without looking like a "scumbag." I guess the best alternative is to show your friends the video. Pray they watch it, because only one of 5 friends I send my videos to watch what I send them. Thankfully the one I send to actually gives their thoughts on the video as well.

MeltedPebbles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Promoting on Reddit is usually frowned upon. Unless the subreddit states otherwise.

I don't promote much. One time here and one time on twitter so idk man. Maybe just tell people irl to go check you out.

Cry a little bit so they will think "man he is so passionate about his channel" and go pity check you out.

I'd do it
The crying idea would be really funny! Thanks for the tips![DOUBLEPOST=1468919944,1468919588][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sadly, there really is no way to properly promote without looking like a "scumbag." I guess the best alternative is to show your friends the video. Pray they watch it, because only one of 5 friends I send my videos to watch what I send them. Thankfully the one I send to actually gives their thoughts on the video as well.
I will definitely send them to my friends it sounds like a lot of people do it and it helps them a lot! Thanks!

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I had pretty some success on instructables for my DIY stuff.

Reactions: train2bfit_

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you are going to promote make sure you do it the right way. You could use twitter and facebook, or forums like this and other ones. Don't promote your channel in the comment section of other people's videos though

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

BzTv

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I get so much anxiety and waiting to see how my videos do. I have 4 videos over 100 views but then all my other ones have below 60 views. I was just wondering besides here where does everyone promote their videos? I put it on here.. Google+.. Tumblr.. Twitter... Facebook.. Is there any that I should focus on?

Thanks for the help guys!!!

MeltedPebbles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are going to promote make sure you do it the right way. You could use twitter and facebook, or forums like this and other ones. Don't promote your channel in the comment section of other people's videos though
We will definitely work more on those platforms thank you! and those comment self promotes are annoying so we definitely won't do that lol[DOUBLEPOST=1468925182,1468925115][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had pretty some success on instructables for my DIY stuff.
A lot of other threads said the same thing so that sounds like it will work! Thank you for the advice![DOUBLEPOST=1468959387][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay thank you for the advice! I'll make sure to to promote in the comment section of other videos!

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
you sound the exact same as me, im getting better but im still a bit too obsessed with how my videos are doing, especially when i am bored! Have you tried subreddits on reddit? I only use google plus, tumblr twitter and here i had to stop using a few as i never got views from it so i gave up

BzTv

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
you sound the exact same as me, im getting better but im still a bit too obsessed with how my videos are doing, especially when i am bored! Have you tried subreddits on reddit? I only use google plus, tumblr twitter and here i had to stop using a few as i never got views from it so i gave up
Yeah I have used Reddit but when I remember it's on my phone and you have to put a flair on some stuff and I can't do that on my phone.. I need to remember to use it on my computer