Where to get free Stock Footage and Music

CramBeats

Idiot who makes music
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys,
i thought it would be cool to create a list with services that offer free stock photos,videos and music that you can even use for commercial purposes. So let's just start right away,if you know some other services just write them down in the comment section and i will add them here.

Stock Photos:
StockSnap.io
My favourite site for stock photos! You can find great shots there of people,landscapes and other things. The best part is: You can use them anywhere you want without giving attribution (i do because of support).

pixabay.com
CC0 License :) Thanks to JesusGreen for this one.

pexels.com
Again from JesusGreen and again CC0 license. (CC0 means no attribution needed)

Stock Footage:
videezy.com
Great HD footage of nature and people. Even offers some 4k content. Most things CC3,but to be sure just read the info on the page of the clip you want to download.

videvo.net
Similar content to videezy, but most things are Videvo Standart license, which means you don't have to give credit to the maker of the clip.But there are some CC3 things so always watch out.

rocketstock.com
Offers mostly content you have to pay for, but there is a section where you can find great templates for after effects and stock footage for free.

videos.pexels.com
CC0 just like the images.Again from JesusGreen

Music
incompetech.com
Great collection of music! Also creative commons license.

Youtube itself:
The Youtube Studio offers free to use music and audio effects! Just go and check them out. You will find everything about terms of use there,too.

Thanks to JesusGreen for sharing his sources with us!

For now thats everything :) I hope i could help you guys with your channels/projects.

Last edited:

LucasJacob23

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Does it have green screen overlay footage?

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Aaaah thank you so much for this post! I have been searching all over for video footage and images I can use to spruce up my cover videos until I can get a better setup for recording video. And just want to chime in and say I use incompetech almost exclusively for my radio play productions and it's a great source :D

Another good source for usable music is bensound.com - you have to credit him for use, and there is an option to buy a lisense so you don't have to credit him, but the list of stuff you can downlad for free is great and I use them a lot too.

Oh, another one for music is Purple Planet Music. I've use them a bit and I really like their free selections, too.

Reactions: CramBeats

CramBeats

Idiot who makes music
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Aaaah thank you so much for this post! I have been searching all over for video footage and images I can use to spruce up my cover videos until I can get a better setup for recording video. And just want to chime in and say I use incompetech almost exclusively for my radio play productions and it's a great source :D

Another good source for usable music is bensound.com - you have to credit him for use, and there is an option to buy a lisense so you don't have to credit him, but the list of stuff you can downlad for free is great and I use them a lot too.

Oh, another one for music is Purple Planet Music. I've use them a bit and I really like their free selections, too.
Thanks so much for these suggestions :) I am going to take a look at it and add them if i think they fit here :)
Good luck with your covers and the stock footage :) I always use videvo...i think its great and they have a great variaty and their videos often fit to my music :)

World Vent

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for sharing this information.

resvrgm

Crazy Internet Stalker Chick
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Very helpful post! Thank you so much!