Where to find new INTERESTED audience?

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so, in my and i think in our cases we dont have time to be everyday on reddits or forums or social network, we have to work on our content and business you know i mean?
If you are going to do social media, you have to work at it. Organic growth happens slowly and steadily, much like your YouTube audience does. If you don't have time to be on social networks or forums, forget them, just dropping in and self-promoting is never going to work.

You say MASSIVE... Reddit has millions peoples... you mean that can you achieve all of them? Because massive means millions
Massive means large, not millions. As an example, I posted a video mashup I made to a relevant but quite small sub that I was an active part of. Overnight it got a boost of around 1500 views. It shows you can make Reddit work (if I could have posted it to a bigger sub, the rewards could have been much bigger) but you have to work it the right way.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Vlogger
Make more content. Make searchable content until you gain channel authority. You've only posted 24 videos in 4 years. That's not enough. Your uploads aren't consistent either. Sometimes you go months without posting a video. The algorithm won't favor nor promote a channel like yours (suggested video and browse features.) New viewers who discover you won't stick around if they see how sparse your channel is.
Right but making music videos cost and it requires hard work. Its no possible to create one music video per week... i know i have to create more vlog videos in this case[DOUBLEPOST=1499444593,1499444484][/DOUBLEPOST]
just dropping in and self-promoting is never going to work.
self-promoting via social media is spam... we have to focus the right audience and that can be done via ADS

i got over 30K views in my channel and this doesnt mean nothing guys come one... MASSIVE means millions views otherwise we are just a drop in the YT ocean

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think what you are missing here is that there is no easy recipe for success. You tube is a small business. Like any business it takes time and effort. Daily content is a good way to start, If not daily then regular. I have done 100 vids in 5 months. It takes me between 10 to 16 hours per day to make a vid then another couple hours spent promoting. You have to make the rounds, visit the forums make friends. As you build relationships you will get your videos shared on more and more peoples social media. Just like any business you have to have connections. If you are in a band and want to play live you cant just sit at home and hope to get noticed you have to go out to the local bars and clubs buy some drinks and make friends with the owners so they will give you a gig. With you tube your friends social media accounts are the venues you want, your pals in forums will become your promoters and your subs are your fans. The long and short is if you are doing this as a way to make money you will have to work it like a job. Set up a release schedule and stick to it. Promote your work while making real connections with other people and keep on keeping on because this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Yes but you have to understand that making a music videos cost money , peoples, staff and efforts and it cannot be done in just one day. That's why i have to think as a business and promote my channel as a business and not as a person or youtuber or small business.

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You keep talking yourself in a circle of not being able to make it on YouTube. Everything costs money. When I decided to start making videos I sold my Audi stuck that 15g in the bank and used what I had saved from my contracting business to buy the equipment I needed and pay a couple months of my mortgage. Right now my sons and I are living on the money from my car I kept my truck so I can go back into business if this fails and I take small side jobs to supplement my bank account. This allowed me to spend the time I do on making videos and promoting my channel. If you want to make it here you will have to be dedicated to the process and that means doing what you have to do to make it. If you cant afford to hire a crew that means you are the crew. Cant afford an editor you are the editor. Need graphics then learn how to use gimp and fusion they are both free and there are a lot of tutorials out there to explain how to use them. Cant afford extras to be in your videos then bribe your friends with some beer. You have to figure out how to make this happen cheap because there is no secret fan site sitting around just waiting for you to show up so they can shower you with money.Hope it goes well for you and with enough effort you will achieve your goals.

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm trying to take a more social approach to social media. I'm picking a hashtag and going through posts. When something interests me I like, comment, maybe even retweet. That's giving me organic growth on my following. I don't really want to sit around and make images all day for Instagram posts, so I'm starting to go live with Stories. It seems like a better use of my time and a more natural approach for promoting video content. All of this is pretty new, so I can't really tell you if it's working or not yet.

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I like that idea roman. I have been ignoring my Instagram because I get a fair amount of followers but don't usually see anything I want to associate with. I forgot about hashtags....lol

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Hope it goes well for you and with enough effort you will achieve your goals.
I read carefully your post man and im sorry if i make you think that i dont wanna do any effort in achieving my goals. Im working hard on every aspects of my career (both music and digital graphic with good gain sometimes) , but my main doubt is about marketing and promotion.
Just that, because i think i have to take this important aspect as a "business man" do you what i mean? ... instead that spamming content everywhere[DOUBLEPOST=1499786881,1499786739][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm trying to take a more social approach to social media. I'm picking a hashtag and going through posts. When something interests me I like, comment, maybe even retweet. That's giving me organic growth on my following. I don't really want to sit around and make images all day for Instagram posts, so I'm starting to go live with Stories. It seems like a better use of my time and a more natural approach for promoting video content. All of this is pretty new, so I can't really tell you if it's working or not yet.
hi man, ok so do you use Twitter as i read? But exactly what you do when you have to promote a new video? cause i dont know how twitter works

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Becoming a big music channel on YouTube is pretty much mission impossible unles you're already famous in real life.Why ? Because you can't use SEO to attract an audience. People search for band names or song titles and if they don't know your band or song, they won't be searching for it. Catch 22.

Honestly if I were a musician and I wanted to make a career out of it, I'd be using YouTube NOT to try to become a big channel (see above), but to help launch my OFFLINE real-life music career. So I'd make a few videos of me playing my music and upload them to YouTube and then I'd be sending out emails with links to my channel to record companies, concert venues, local bars, local media, press etc to try and get my name out there in the music industry itself rather than on YouTube. The goal isn't to get millions of views on Youtube and earn money from adsense, but to launch my real-life music career. Once you've done that, people will then start searching for your band name and they'll find your channel all by themselves.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Becoming a big music channel on YouTube is pretty much mission impossible unles you're already famous in real life.Why ? Because you can't use SEO to attract an audience. People search for band names or song titles and if they don't know your band or song, they won't be searching for it. Catch 22.

Of course i do promotion OFFLINE!!!!!!! (and please forget record label!!) . In my career im working as you said and also as a digital artist.
You have mentioned the word that every business got in mind, not also in case of music business, OFFLINE promotion
[DOUBLEPOST=1499860101,1499859996][/DOUBLEPOST]Of course i do promotion OFFLINE!!!!!!! (and please forget record label!!) . In my career im working as you said and also as a digital artist.
You have mentioned the word that every business got in mind, not also in case of music business, OFFLINE promotion

So as I thought a business is going to search his new audience offline in real life.