• Over populated

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
In 5 years Facebook will have overtaken YouTube by far in terms of views (if that didn't already happen).
Only educational and professional work, mostly videos longer than 5 minutes, will still be viewed on YouTube.
During the last 5 years not that much changed on YouTube so I hope they find ways how to improve YouTube, make it more of a social space where friends mingle and share stuff with each other

Annette Regina

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As we know there're thousands, perhaps millions of bloggers/bloggers on youtube now, compared to 5 to 10 years ago. Myself included lol

What do you think youtube holds for the future? I think it might replace cable TV actually...and everything will be merged into one click fest via smart phones, TV and PCs.

Thoughts?

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube of the future is going to be like any other major network. As tvs get smarter and more people cut the cable we will see it evolve into something very akin to a DVR where you go when you want to see your favorite shows. I also think things like YouTube red will gain popularity for more of a scripted format type show similar to what we have on TV right now.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
  1. Further advanced (My vote): I believe YouTube is working on increasing their footprint, and with YouTube Red as the subscription model they are clearly going after NetFlix. NetFlix is great, I have it, but they lack true content creator content. So I think YouTube will grow into NetFlix with the portion we all love. Independent content creators.
  2. Not as successful: I think they are already hugely successful, and I think it will only get bigger
  3. Over populated: This is already the case. If you see the sheer "crap" that gets uploaded you already know this is the case. And everyone has seen that type of content creator. Simply stealing another person's content and creating compilations or a 10 minute unedited video talking about xyz with a ton of dead spots. And then complaining they aren't getting anywhere. You can only complain if you give it your all, edit the ever loving crap out of your content and gain no traction because of lacking the all 3 golden rules to YouTube success. 1. Youth 2. Time or 3. Money