Where do I go to get sound effects for videos?

Megzero346

Reaction score
I'm trying to get by using the free sounds Youtube provides on their site, but I want to use others. I can find the sounds I want in videos people post, but I don't trust any of the Youtube to MP3 sites. Does anyone know of a safe place to get sounds? I'd really rather not get any viruses on my PC if I can help it.

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Incompetech.com is an amazing place to start. It contains thousands of music as well as sound effects that you can use in your YouTube videos. All you need to do is give Kevin Macleod credit and you're good to go. Kevin has a bunch of music and sounds on his site, that's probably the first place I'd look. Also you can look up "royalty free sound effects" on google and that should give you some.

Zerodactyl

Reaction score
I use a whole load of sound effects to edit my gaming montages and I get all of them from YouTube. There are quite a lot of channels who have uploaded SFX packs that you can download to your PC. As for YouTube to MP3 converters, I’m pretty sure most of them are safe. I’ve been using them for over a year to download sound effects and have not experienced any problems whatsoever.