• No,not really

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrostFistAce

Reaction score
This blog is for those interested in building a community or finding a community to call home.

While I am no expert I have some simple tips to help you apply.

Step 1:
Who are you?
We all hear that actions speak louder than words.
Well who you are speaks louder than who you aren't.
If you want to be a type of person you have to run your own race;often we have the urge as people to compare ourselves to others. This damages your personality the most. I personally in an effort to mimic a successful person have stolen catch phrases and make videos identical to them. In the long run I learned it wasn't me.

Step 2:

This is your platform.
How do you want to manage your channel or be apart of a community?
To me it helps to remember what is most valuable to me so I am not left in the dark.
With that you are in control of what you find acceptable and not acceptable.

Step 2.5:
Find your niche.
This relates to step 2 in the idea that only you know what you like and dislike more than anyone else,this should be an easy way to find like minded people.

Step 3:
Expand your networks.
I tend to stick to a routine and limit change. But what I have found is when your passionate about something,you will find people who enjoy similar things.
YouTube is a website which means everyone has a place to enjoy. While writing this blog post I am expanding my network by repeating a blog I have already done on a different platform;it's all about using your resources to your advantage.

Step 3.5
Ignore or avoid toxic environments.
By toxic places I mostly mean places that don't make you feel welcomed or comfortable. The last thing we need is you feeling horrible about yourself because people around you are bringing you down.
In short a constant toxic environments don't lead to a healthy lifestyle.
I find it a bit hard to be in uncomfortable situations. Do I ignore the problem?
I try not to but I also tend to "leave" community's that don't line up with what I stand for as a individual. That included toxic forums,channels,ect.

Number 4:
Interact with those around you.

Streams,forums,comment sections,social media,ect.
Tons of ways to connect with others around,So use it to your advantage.

In short you have to find what works for you;not the person next to you.

Reactions: TeraVex

TeraVex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer, Reviewer
Wow, fantastic post. I could not agree more.
So much information here, and even thought it's a word salad it's great.
Everyone should take the time to read this.

FrostFistAce

Reaction score
Thank you very much I really appreciate the kind words of encouragement.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the tutorials forum. :)

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't really have a community yet. I am dancer and the dancing community on YouTube is not the best. It feels very segregated although a few cool collaborations do pop up. Over the holidays I am starting something called Ascension which is a project in which I get a bunch of dancers to each upload a video using the same song on the same day and putting it into one playlist. This should create some unity despite the fact that it will be small at first. Anybody think this is a good idea?

FrostFistAce

Reaction score
I don't quite understand why it was moved can you elaborate.[DOUBLEPOST=1479863156,1479862939][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't have much experience with segregated community's,but maybe it's for the better;a majority of YouTube community's like gaming is oversaterated.
About the colab with many different dancers it sounds like a good idea. Before you get to work I would suggest meeting more people in the community;because for me I know the worst is setting up a big project only to have it flop because I didn't do my research.

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't quite understand why it was moved can you elaborate.[DOUBLEPOST=1479863156,1479862939][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't have much experience with segregated community's,but maybe it's for the better;a majority of YouTube community's like gaming is oversaterated.
About the colab with many different dancers it sounds like a good idea. Before you get to work I would suggest meeting more people in the community;because for me I know the worst is setting up a big project only to have it flop because I didn't do my research.
Thank's for the advice! I hope none of your future projects flop. At least you learned!

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the post! That is great and very helpful information!! Very important to find your niche. I saw this quote about YouTube once that said "if you try to reach everyone, you'll reach no one." So true!

FrostFistAce

Reaction score
I wouldn't say none it's still a learning process;but I want to help others save the time with simple mistakes I've made.[DOUBLEPOST=1479917917,1479917751][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow that is an interesting point I have not heard,finding a balance between over and under production is hard;but that balance is critical. I am glad you found the blog helpful.

ThePythnator

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
To be honest, change a bit of the wording and a lot of this sounds like advice on life in general. It's good stuff to know.

Reactions: FrostFistAce