When you feel like you'll never get any subs

Hollysaurus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey everyone so I've not been on you tube long, but I didn't realize how hard it was to get my channel noticed. When you first started your channel what do you do about your discouragement?

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Your channel link isn't working.

Just need the proper channel setup first. Good catchy thumbnails and titles, yet be topical. Pick something that's hot right now. Should give you the boost you need to get started.

If people like what they see, they will sub.

Reactions: KantoGaming

Hollysaurus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Your channel link isn't working.

Just need the proper channel setup first. Good catchy thumbnails and titles, yet be topical. Pick something that's hot right now. Should give you the boost you need to get started.

If people like what they see, they will sub.
Gosh darn I need to fix that. It's frustrating because you can't create your own unique Url until you have a certain number of subs . Thanks for the heads up :)

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just uploaded a few videos to start off with at the start, didn't even promote, and eventually they reached 10 views, then 20, then 30... Then I started to gain like 1 sub a day, and views were still really low but at least it was growth. Its very slow to start off with but it speeds up after time :)

Reactions: KantoGaming

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
@Hollysaurus Click on your Personal Details, check the checkbox that says "use /channel"

Doomkey

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've struggled with this too. I'm at a year with only 70 subs. You have to look hard at yourself and ask if you're putting in enough effort and time to really make it worth OTHER peoples time. If you like your own content then other people will eventually come around to like it too. You have to remember, subs aren't everything. If you're getting good views, then that's what really matters. With good views come good subs.

I recently started to do an overhaul on my channel because I realized (with a nice kick in the a** from another member on these forums) that the content I was pushing out just wasn't up to the quality it should be if I ever expect something to happen. So I've started to put WAY more time into my videos, to actually make good thumbnails, do up my audio, and to do better edits. I've been getting more views and I've even gained 2 or 3 subs since then. Yeah, maybe those numbers aren't great; but they're a start. It's insane how much more in love with your channel you'll become if you put true effort into it. I say true effort, because before I thought I was putting in effort but really there was A LOT more I could do.

If you already are putting in true effort and you enjoy your own videos, then just give it time. People will come, people will watch, and people will subscribe. The biggest pain about YT is the wait, you have to wait for people to find you. Sure promoting can help, but the wait is what matters most.

One of the best ways I've found recently to keep from getting discouraged is ask yourself this: What's your purpose on YouTube? Do you want to entertain? Do you want to show people sick makeup tutorials? (I can't see your channel so I don't know what it's about) Whenever I start feeling groggy with my channel, I just remind myself why I'm doing it. Sure, making it a career is a goal, making a livable income is a goal, but what are goals without a purpose for those goals? Think about your purpose, and you'll have the motivation to carry on.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I get that feeling often. I suppose it's because of my incompetence in promoting.
Heh, I am thinking of quitting my current channel and move on to another project with other people, once it starts moving.

Hollysaurus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I get that feeling often. I suppose it's because of my incompetence in promoting.
Heh, I am thinking of quitting my current channel and move on to another project with other people, once it starts moving.
Don't give up yet!!!

KrakenSoup

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its only been a couple of weeks and growth takes a very long time, everyone covered what you need to do but regardless:

- Need better thumbnails
- Orientation of your recording, have it consistently landscape.
- Make your front page more appealing, work on a banner, forums here can help with creation.
- For me personally, liked videos and who you subbed too should be excluded, this is done in privacy, but others may disagree

Its all about self improvement, my channel artwork and presentation was absolute a**e to start with, I've changed my banner and thumbnail style 3 times now. I believes it better and I'm getting there, but will always will look to improve myself and my channel.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Loki Doki