When was YouTube in its "Prime"?

When was YouTube in its "Prime"?

• Total voters

Ypenplaya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
About 4 months ago, I made a video ranting about rule 34 and now I have another thing I need to rant about. YouTube has now become a platform in which there can be content about anything but lately I feel it has stooped and lost some of its touch. So I ask in this poll, what year do you think YouTube was in its "Prime"?

If this kind of post is not allowed, I appologise.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it just will get bigger and bigger. In Denmark where I´m from youtube has been used for many years but mostly for music videos. People are now stating to see that Yt is much more than music videos. There are getting more and more new channel creators

sphamedia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
2006, its when it wasent a money thing, it was a creation thing, people were rewarded for effort, not spurting out daily shitposts

Brandzor

The Dovakhiin destroyer.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Not too sure really, it seems to have gone slightly downhill quite recently, especially due to websites such as Twitch! But I think it'll slowly start becoming more popular again

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think its Prime evolves all the time. I have been a user since 2006 and enjoy more and more each time.

Ypenplaya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think its Prime evolves all the time. I have been a user since 2006 and enjoy more and more each time.
it feels different though and I know that things change but it feels differentin a bad way. To each their own though.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Define "prime" ?

Whether something is considered "good" or "bad" is hugely subjective. Also, people's perceptions and tastes change over time regardless of if the "thing" has got better or worse.

I used to like fishing 10 years ago, but as I got older, I got bored of it and quit fishing for other hobbies. Does that mean fishing was in its "prime" 10 years ago and now it's bad? (just an example to explain my point) :)

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Define "prime" ?

Whether something is considered "good" or "bad" is hugely subjective. Also, people's perceptions and tastes change over time regardless of if the "thing" has got better or worse.

I used to like fishing 10 years ago, but as I got older, I got bored of it and quit fishing for other hobbies. Does that mean fishing was in its "prime" 10 years ago and now it's bad? (just an example to explain my point) :)
I agree with you. And your example of fishing was brilliant, YouTube in my opinion is becoming more and more repetitive, people are all trying to do the same thing and yes I am subject to this too. Does that mean it's no longer in it's Prime well now that all depends, I feel like YouTube has never had a prime but different parts of YouTube have had their moments. Vine compilations blew up and now have died down. Pranks were a huge thing now not so much! So YouTube will never die because there will always be one type of video that will blow up and a lot of people will create these videos. But then that faze will die down and a new one will be born. That's my opinion anyways

Reactions: Crown