Do you even use a fixed upload schedual?

• Total voters

Niels Cornelissen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hello everyone!

I was wondering how you guys decide when to upload (and when not to upload). We have recently gained the feature of 'planning in' videos, but we are not sure how to use that efficiently.

So, if you guys follow any schedual at all, how did you get to it?

okaysimi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I wouldn't say my schedule is 100% fixed but here is how I decided on mine.

I knew I wanted to post 2x a week and I wanted to have enough space in between the 2 videos so that I would have a video uploaded every few days. I had done a bit of research and a lot of people recommended Saturday to be a day to upload as a lot of people aren't at work and so have a bit more time to watch Youtube. I post my Saturday videos very early as I have some subscribers in other time zones so it usually comes on at around 4am my time. (I usually upload it on Friday and schedule it for Saturday).

For the 2nd day I originally uploaded on Tuesday but I noticed about 80% of the people I follow post on Tuesday so it felt like too much competition. I now post my second video on Wednesdays.

Hope that helps!

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I upload Saturday at 8pm. I've been through many upload schedules but my current works for me best since my highest view counts come during 11pm Saturday so I get the video up a few hours before that. If you use Tubebuddy you can see your best time to upload. That helped me a lot.

Reactions: Niels Cornelissen

Niels Cornelissen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I wouldn't say my schedule is 100% fixed but here is how I decided on mine.

I knew I wanted to post 2x a week and I wanted to have enough space in between the 2 videos so that I would have a video uploaded every few days. I had done a bit of research and a lot of people recommended Saturday to be a day to upload as a lot of people aren't at work and so have a bit more time to watch Youtube. I post my Saturday videos very early as I have some subscribers in other time zones so it usually comes on at around 4am my time. (I usually upload it on Friday and schedule it for Saturday).

For the 2nd day I originally uploaded on Tuesday but I noticed about 80% of the people I follow post on Tuesday so it felt like too much competition. I now post my second video on Wednesdays.

Hope that helps!
I upload Saturday at 8pm. I've been through many upload schedules but my current works for me best since my highest view counts come during 11pm Saturday so I get the video up a few hours before that. If you use Tubebuddy you can see your best time to upload. That helped me a lot.
Thanks to the both of you!

@Matty I do use TubeBuddy, I'll do a quick google to find that function ;)

Reactions: MattyGreen

OldNotDead

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I post every Friday (Funny Friday Videos) and usually on Tuesday or Wednesday on any other videos I do.

Cheers
Scott

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I always post my videos when they're done :-|
..no fixed schedule but i avoid uploading in the middle of the night - other than that, it's 'whenever' ...

Subnerv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Having a schedule is helpful for a larger audience but I currently do not have one so I'm posting my videos as soon as I'm finished editing them! Well see about the future! :D

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've heard that the time to upload for the most traffic is like 12-3 EST. But I can't actually remember where I heard that, so take it with a grain of salt

Reactions: Niels Cornelissen