When to Start Over

AseAndBaconGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
So I've had a channel for a little over a year now and that whole entire year had been spent recording and uploading videos and not really having a clear direction- it seemed kind of random. I want to try rebranding but with about 145 videos, I'm wondering if it's even worth it to keep this channel or if I should completely start over and scrap the current one. On the one hand, I'll be able to make some new mistakes and learn now that I know the direction I want to go in, but on the other hand, I feel like I'd have to start from ground zero with subscribers and everything.

I guess I'm wondering if getting rid of that year of hard work is worth completely starting over, or if I should just continue with my current channel and rebrand? Like when is it time to scrap a channel and try again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psychotic Squirrel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
my personal opinion is that it may be best to just rebrand your channel and continue to move forward. Sure you may loose some of your subscribers, but you certainly won't loose all of them and it seems silly to throw away the 1 year + of hard work you've already put into your channel. You know just as well as anyone that the first 100 subscribers is extremely difficult to get, so why start from scratch and set yourself back? Unless its going to be a completely different channel that deals with a completely different genre i'd say stick with it...

If its going to be something 100% different and new, then you may have no choice but to start over. Either way, good luck with what you decide, remember, its a marathon, not a sprint!

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's really hard to say yes or no to a 'start over'

We started over our old channel had 500+ videos and about 200 subs so we gave up and created an entirely new channel called 'digibox' and we have almost reached 700 since so re branding can help some but i don't know if it will help everyone. Take a look at your channel and make the choice if you want to and if you do will you make the same content or different? or if it is the same will it have a higher quality?

Thats the best advice we can give. : )

Reactions: AseAndBaconGaming

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've struggled with this in the past, and honestly, I think it's best to just start making the videos you like. As long as you make it clear to you subscribers what you are doing. Those that aren't interested will go away and unsubscribe, but those that are interested will stay. Since your videos were random, im guessing people were there for your personality, so it shouldn't matter too much. If I had a second choice at wiping my videos or not, I wouldn't do it.

Reactions: AseAndBaconGaming