Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
At 10001 views. Monetized videos get higher promotion period

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don`t monetize my videos that have below 500 views. So when I just upload it monetization is off, in that way people who subscribed to my channel and watch first, can have the benefit watching without ads. If the video reaches more than 500 views then I turn on monetization. I think it is a good way to motivate people to subscribe because I still have less than 500 subscribers so I need to build my community first. If I have more subscribers maybe I will increase this number to 1000 views before monetization, or will just leave it to 500 views it seems to be a nice threshold.

dweebie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Guys!

I wanted to ask you cool dudes and dudettes a question. When do you think is a good time to start monetizing YouTube videos and live streams? I mean, should this be based on when your channel reaches a certain subscriber count, or when you reach a certain level of views on your videos?

The reason I'm asking is when I first started out on YouTube I monetized every freakin' thing I would upload whether it was an edited video or even a live stream. The money I made off of doing this was small. Like just a few dollars after many videos. It made me feel the Sadness. :(. So, I turned off monetization and just started uploading videos and doing live streams without trying to make any money until I increase my subscriber, and mainly, my view count. That way when I do begin monetizing again I can feel the happiness. Yeay me! :).

Next week Imma start working in earnest on my channel. I got a trailer video I'm going to film with my new dudette friend here in my new home in the northeast that explains my channel and what my insane content is all about, because I feel that my current video, where I'm running at the camera and laughing, is scaring off potential subscribers and viewers. Mainly small children and house cats.

Then I'm going to find some fun new friends who wouldn't mind making VLOGS and gaming videos with me. I really want to grow my channel some before the end of the year so that I can fell good about having some success on YouTube. Would that not be a great Christmas present? Yes, yes it would Mr Brisket.

So, when did you guys start monetizing your videos? Right away? Later on? Never? Go away Mr. Brisket?

Do you feel that monetizing too early discourages viewers from watching videos uploaded by smaller channels, or does it even really matter?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice that you can give.

Take care my dudes. :).
My dude, no advice here. Simply looking at the post to find the answer for myself too. However, if you're looking for some dank gaming collab videos, I love your content and I'd be real happy to do something. Check out my channel, if you like it send me a stanky lil' message and we'll get things done.

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At 10001 views. Monetized videos get higher promotion period
Hey Gaijillionaire,

Thanks for the great information! I had no freakin’ clue that monetized videos receive better promotion, but it totally makes sense though. Why would YouTube want to promote a video that they knew wasn’t going to make them money.

Thanks for the advice my friend! :).[DOUBLEPOST=1505316173,1505316003][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don`t monetize my videos that have below 500 views. So when I just upload it monetization is off, in that way people who subscribed to my channel and watch first, can have the benefit watching without ads. If the video reaches more than 500 views then I turn on monetization. I think it is a good way to motivate people to subscribe because I still have less than 500 subscribers so I need to build my community first. If I have more subscribers maybe I will increase this number to 1000 views before monetization, or will just leave it to 500 views it seems to be a nice threshold.
Thanks UnboxingSve,

I appreciate the great advice. It's definitely something else to consider as I work to grow my YouTube audience. I need all the help I can get right now.

Thanks Again! :).[DOUBLEPOST=1505316490][/DOUBLEPOST]
My dude, no advice here. Simply looking at the post to find the answer for myself too. However, if you're looking for some dank gaming collab videos, I love your content and I'd be real happy to do something. Check out my channel, if you like it send me a stanky lil' message and we'll get things done.
Dude! Are you kidding. With a fun response like that how could I not want to do a collab with you. I'm sending you a fly message forthwith. Also, I enjoyed your game reviews. Looking forward to talking with you soon. :).