When should I start monetizing my Youtube Channel?

WinYourLife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Guys, My channel has 6 videos, 14 subscriberst and more than 400 views in total, is so small now, but tell me please in your opinion when should I start monetizing? I have to look for subscribers? Or Views? Or HOW many videos I have ?

Thank you for reading, wait your response :)

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep, do it now. Don't forget youtube also earns money on you if you run ads, these numbers do add up for them. I don't remember the source but I have heard the algorithm prefers monetized content over non-monetized.

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I actually have a similar question, not sure if it's allowed to ask here, but I'm an older channel, coming back from hiatus after my hard drive crashed. I'm wondering if I should monetize my content from before my hiatus and then monetize my new videos or if I should just monetize what I upload in the future. Sorry if I'm not supposed to ask here.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Welp, with the new rules you can monetize once you reach 10,000 lifetime views. So I would say once you reach that just as for the review and if they approve go ahead and monetize :)

dech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is no reason not to, so just do it as soon as you can

JVC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry YouTube change the rules know you need least 10000 views to earn money from your vids.

eidojodie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know youtube has changed the rules... BUT I would still recommend Monetizing as soon as you are able to!

Teknickel 10

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I know youtube has changed the rules... BUT I would still recommend Monetizing as soon as you are able to!
See, I have heard both sides. If you are below the views threshold to receive anything wouldn't it be better to provide ad free content to your subscribers?

I would hate to have someone click off of one of my videos because of an ad from monetizing when I wasnt going to even see any money from it anyway.

Thoughts?

eidojodie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
See, I have heard both sides. If you are below the views threshold to receive anything wouldn't it be better to provide ad free content to your subscribers?

I would hate to have someone click off of one of my videos because of an ad from monetizing when I wasnt going to even see any money from it anyway.

Thoughts?
I chose to monetize when I could, not because I expected to make any money or anything like that but because I'd rather my subscribers/viewers get used to seeing ads straight away. I can imagine if they're used to ad free videos and then you suddenly change it when you have a decent following it will annoy them more. Everyone's so used to seeing ads before the majority of videos anyway (or has ad block) so you kind of just might as well do it sooner rather than later. But of course it's up to the individual! :) I'd personally never click off a video just because there was an ad because I'm used to seeing them before every video haha.

Reactions: Teknickel 10