When Should I Show My Parents My Channel

DoggoMC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hi,
Since I'm still quite young, I of course live at my parents' house. This means I have to record my videos in the same small room I sleep in.
Lately though my parents are getting suspicious because they hear me 'constantly commentating over video games'.

I don't want them to come across my channel on their own, I want to show it them myself. When would be the best time to show it them? My mother isn't that strict but my father is quite strict so I feel like he might not like the idea of me having a channel.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Honestly, as soon as possible. It's probably better coming from you than them finding it. And if they say no, that's something you just have to deal with since they are doing it for your safety.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi,
Since I'm still quite young, I of course live at my parents' house. This means I have to record my videos in the same small room I sleep in.
Lately though my parents are getting suspicious because they hear me 'constantly commentating over video games'.

I don't want them to come across my channel on their own, I want to show it them myself. When would be the best time to show it them? My mother isn't that strict but my father is quite strict so I feel like he might not like the idea of me having a channel.
you should tell them they need to know. you could tell your mom first, maybe she can talk to your dad about it. Good luck!

Reactions: DoggoMC

Weirdprodigy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
As soon as possible , if it's nothing that you think they wouldn't approve of of course if that's the case I'd say change your channel up then. But I don't think parents would have a problem with a friendly YouTube channel but might worry people on the internet so when you bring it up just tell them your channel is a safe and friendly environment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Heck I didn't care.i told them I did YouTube stuff and my mom even likes my Facebook page. My dad may think I'm weird but that's nothing new

Reactions: Humor Hub

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ASAP.. don't hold off on doing that.

Humor Hub

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do it as soon as possible. If you don't have anything too bad your parents will support you no matter what.

DoubleDingle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's really no reason in why you should. If you're still young your parents might want to stop that. Unless your parents are into gaming I doubt they'll come across your videos. For now leave it be and if they ever ask say you're talking with your friends.

Reactions: DoggoMC

AussieAidan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hi,

Yeah course! #YOLOSWAG

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
This is a tough circumstance from what you've described. If you decide to do it, if I were you I would just make sure that it be conveyed in the most positive light. I hope it doesn't backfire.