when people found out

Ethan Grant

still living in the world of rock music
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
today, mostly everyone in my class at college found out about me doing YouTube and now I have practically become the laughing sock of the class (at least im now of for 17 days so it can cool down a bit), what happened to you when either friends, family or other people you know found out about you doing youtube

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I had a channel back at school, it got weird for a while and people laughed about it but now anyone who finds out doesn't really say much, its either cool or they're not bothered :')
Some people try to make me feel awkward about it but its fine in the end

TeraVex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer, Reviewer
My friends support me, they support my music part of my channel a lot more than the gaming part, but they enjoy both a lot, which I was surprised by.

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Some of them thought I was trying to do like iCarly (because y'know, that show was hot back then).

My teacher thought it was cool, and my parents were the ones filming so they kinda always knew. Class didn't really mock me or my partners though. They kinda just didn't care which was much better than being laughed at.

Reactions: Brandon'sWorld

Aviticus_Dragon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I don't have a lot of friends really because I cut anyone out of my life who doesn't have the drive or passion that I do. Honestly anyone that isn't on my level of ambition is not someone I want to hang around. Most people I know have no drive, want a 1 job 9-5 deal. That isn't me. I work full time, have a side film business, and do YouTube. Nowawdays you can't really retire with one job. I can barely break even with a high paying job, so that's where the other things help out. So a few co workers know what I do and my family. My family of course don't really understand it, and never will. They are a different generation, and can't fathom how much time it takes to really produce the content I do.

But in the end, we shouldn't care what people think. Let them laugh. Let them be passionless. We will be more.

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
I know what it's like to be made fun of for other things but I also know what it's like to have my YouTube ignored by most of my friends.

Honestly, it's a hobby like any other and if they're laughing at you for it, they're assholes and probably need a hobby of their own. Look at it this way: You have 225 more subs than they do. Your friends are outnumbered.

Reactions: Lightsen

16BitsOfAwesome

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer
Well, my friends found out about my YouTube because I was sharing it with them.Whether they liked my videos or not, they were supportive.

But in the end, don't take it personally. As long as you like your videos, that's all that matters. If you like it, then other people will, too.

And your classmates will eventually get over it.

Reactions: Mr Tin

BatteryAcid

That one crazy queer kid
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly if YouTube is something you enjoy doing then others opinions just don't matter. If you stop because of what people think then you'll probably end up regretting it later on in life. Though I know this is easier said than done.
My classmates have been supportive mainly because I talk about mental health and my school is relatively open minded.

Click

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Well when people found out that I did YouTube it was the look of really you do that but everyone that I've told is very receptive of what I do on YouTube as a hobby.