When It Rain; It Pours

Personally, I think this is why it's good to have a backlog of material to work on. I have certain videos planned to go live at certain times, but sometimes I need to adjust. By having other material to edit, or a different idea to film, I can wait until the weather is better and film then. Having just one idea at a time puts you at risk of things like this. Since this is your first video, you're probably focusing all your attention on it. Once you have a few videos under your belt, you'll be better able to to plan and account for things like this.

Personally, I think this is why it's good to have a backlog of material to work on. I have certain videos planned to go live at certain times, but sometimes I need to adjust. By having other material to edit, or a different idea to film, I can wait until the weather is better and film then. Having just one idea at a time puts you at risk of things like this. Since this is your first video, you're probably focusing all your attention on it. Once you have a few videos under your belt, you'll be better able to to plan and account for things like this.

Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated!

I do animations, so I stay indoors all day...however, I still have a bit of experience with filming indoors and outdoors. I’d say staying indoors is good in making sure your equipment stays dry. That’d be my biggest concern if I were out and it started raining. Certain weather can provide really nice lighting though, so don’t be afraid to check out how the lighting is indoors as afternoon showers come by.
There’s plenty of other stuff to do too. Checking out forums on here (as you are), script writing (if you do so), video brainstorming, editing, learning more about the software you use/watching tutorials, etc. Rain can also be very calming, so maybe it’ll even help.
Good luck in your adventures! Hopefully you don’t live in a very rainy area...Animation is always an option haha

Nice hope the video came out well. How do you plan on promoting it?

It's uploaded! At the moment just wanting to get feedback on everything and tweak as I go along.

I do animations, so I stay indoors all day...however, I still have a bit of experience with filming indoors and outdoors. I’d say staying indoors is good in making sure your equipment stays dry. That’d be my biggest concern if I were out and it started raining. Certain weather can provide really nice lighting though, so don’t be afraid to check out how the lighting is indoors as afternoon showers come by.
There’s plenty of other stuff to do too. Checking out forums on here (as you are), script writing (if you do so), video brainstorming, editing, learning more about the software you use/watching tutorials, etc. Rain can also be very calming, so maybe it’ll even help.
Good luck in your adventures! Hopefully you don’t live in a very rainy area...Animation is always an option haha

I can't draw at all, but I always wanted to do animations!

Back