When It Rain; It Pours

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So, I was out filming my first video for my channel today, and right when I went out to capture some awesome b-roll it decided to start raining, pouring down. My question to you would be what advice do you have for beating the elements when it comes to wanting to film? Do you just stay indoors, or possibly find some sort of shelter to shoot from? Looking for some outside the box ideas (gear not weatherproof)

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Depending on the video you want to make, if the rains fits the idea of your video, then you could take cover and use the rain. if it isn´t, then you could stay inside and work with some other elements of the video or have time to edit!

Reactions: Siege H.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you just stay indoors
Yes just stay indoors dude, that´s what I do:) No seriously that´s tough luck but if the weather is that bad I would stay inside untill it gets better. I dont have that problem though cause all my videos are made indoor (I do short animation videos) But being inside you can use the time to improve edeting or work on other details with your video (if that´s needed):)

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Depending on the video you want to make, if the rains fits the idea of your video, then you could take cover and use the rain. if it isn´t, then you could stay inside and work with some other elements of the video or have time to edit!
Awesome idea! Thanks for the feedback!

Yes just stay indoors dude, that´s what I do:) No seriously that´s tough luck but if the weather is that bad I would stay inside untill it gets better. I dont have that problem though cause all my videos are made indoor (I do short animation videos) But being inside you can use the time to improve edeting or work on other details with your video (if that´s needed):)
Animations? That's really cool, I'll have to check out your videos sometime! You know of Jadenanimations, or theodd1sout?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe you could change the part where you was outside to something else, if you can’t thank you should try to film on a different day. Before I purchased lighting i had to count on it being sunny outside so I would open my window and just use natural lighting but in the winter it gets dark early and sometimes when I would film you would see the lighting change. I was so happy after I bought some lights because now I can fim even if it’s not that bright outside.

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Maybe you could change the part where you was outside to something else, if you can’t thank you should try to film on a different day. Before I purchased lighting i had to count on it being sunny outside so I would open my window and just use natural lighting but in the winter it gets dark early and sometimes when I would film you would see the lighting change. I was so happy after I bought some lights because now I can fim even if it’s not that bright outside.
That's awesome, congrats on the lights! I have a lot of stuff, even things I don't really use. It's why I wanna try to combine both minimalism along with filmmaking, possibly showcase to people new and creative ways to shoot the footage they want without the expensive gear that comes with it. I'm really excited! Currently watching your videos by the way, great content!

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's awesome, congrats on the lights! I have a lot of stuff, even things I don't really use. It's why I wanna try to combine both minimalism along with filmmaking, possibly showcase to people new and creative ways to shoot the footage they want without the expensive gear that comes with it. I'm really excited! Currently watching your videos by the way, great content!
When I first started making videos I only had a MacBook and I had to sit as close to the window as possible. I filmed on my MacBook for over a year, when I first started filming on my camera I didn’t really like it because it was all so new me and I didn’t understand what any of the buttons did because that was my first professional camera I had.

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When I first started making videos I only had a MacBook and I had to sit as close to the window as possible. I filmed on my MacBook for over a year, when I first started filming on my camera I didn’t really like it because it was all so new me and I didn’t understand what any of the buttons did because that was my first professional camera I had.
I feel ya! I recently just got my first DSLR, and I had knew a bit about cameras, but it was still kinda new. I did a ton of research, and actually surprise myself on how much I know. Hopefully I can explain it well enough to my viewers haha!

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel ya! I recently just got my first DSLR, and I had knew a bit about cameras, but it was still kinda new. I did a ton of research, and actually surprise myself on how much I know. Hopefully I can explain it well enough to my viewers haha!
lol I watched tons of tutorials on it, they was very helpful.

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
lol I watched tons of tutorials on it, they was very helpful.
Finally finished my first upload! I'm so nervous which I shouldn't be, haha! Tutorials help a ton, and it's always interesting to see different creators utilize the same methods to get different results with their personalized touches.