when it comes to thumbnails for a series

k13lock

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Do you swear by using the same template for each video?

For example doing a season mode for a soccer team on FIFA. I plan on NOT including things like "season mode, career mode" in the title since I prefer shorter titles and want to make something catchy

Curious to see everyone's thoughts on these

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
I've produced a mini-series previously, I used different thumbnail images but the same design to show that its the same series, different episode. :)

Reactions: k13lock

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you making thumbnail for a series video I thing it's a good idea to match the base of each of your thumbnail .Obviously designed can be changed.So it's help an user to recognize that this a video of a specific series :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
IMO it's better to diversify each design even if it's in the same series . As a viewer it visually makes me wanna watch the next one because it doesn't look like it's a carbon copy of the other series. Having like a connection design element into the thumbnail but not make it too similar?? Idk just my thought.

Maybe it's just me because I really enjoy designing my thumbnails haha

Fudge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What I do personally is make the thumbnails the same in a series so viewers know that the video is part of a series, however in my Fifa series what I like to do is change the colour of the font as well as the image of a player in the middle.

In your case, I guess you could change the thumbnails every episode by adding a picture of a player who had some good games, or maybe a new signing. But overall use the same template (just change a few key aspects)

Hope this helped! :)

Firefox Fifa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

For example doing a season mode for a soccer team on FIFA. I plan on NOT including things like "season mode, career mode" in the title since I prefer shorter titles and want to make something catchy

I normally have a template, but would substitute featured players in the episode to the thumbnail. Obviously with the one below the club I'm doing is Napoli, so the blue theme remains for every thumbnail. The middle players get changed after every episode and bviously the episode number too

Attachments

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive down 2 mini series before. 1 with same pic and different text
E.G Episode 1 etc
And another series with different pics but same text

The later was a more successful series but unsure if the thumbnail played any part

k13lock

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for the responses!

What I'm going to do is use a bunch of different photos of me (dressed as the manager), keep the font the same and put the title in the thumbnail.

I think including pictures of you (if you show yourself while gaming), helps with brand and what not

Firefox Fifa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Good ide
Thank you to everyone for the responses!

What I'm going to do is use a bunch of different photos of me (dressed as the manager), keep the font the same and put the title in the thumbnail.

I think including pictures of you (if you show yourself while gaming), helps with brand and what not
a! I think I might incorporate a pic of myself now too after reading that comment. thanks for the inspiration!

Ewan Wilson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I would say maybe put keywords of the episode in the thumbnails. For example maybe if you scored 10 goals in a game you could have something like "10 GOALS?!?!?!? FIFA 17 GAMEPLAY". Have something catchy and eye-catching.