when is the last day to choose if your videos are for kids or not for kids?

moshi

Reaction score
when is the deadline and what happens if you don't choose any of the options? I cant decide, I dont know what to do, i feel like im having a panic attack.

Reactions: BYS

DellFan3030

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have no idea if there even is a deadline for that. I'm just assuming it might be December 10th since that's when the new guidelines are enforced on YouTube's Terms of Service.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Are videos or channels supposed to automatically be set for kids or not for kids yet? Mine hasn't done any automatic labeling yet.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / claims / legal forum. :)

DellFan3030

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are videos or channels supposed to automatically be set for kids or not for kids yet? Mine hasn't done any automatic labeling yet.
I don't think YouTube automatically makes your channel be set for kids or not. I manually had to do it since my channel isn't directly made for children.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think YouTube automatically makes your channel be set for kids or not. I manually had to do it since my channel isn't directly made for children.
some YouTuber claims that youtube staff are switching the settings manually on youtubers and you can’t change it and some other YouTuber said their grand theft auto game was automatically forced to for kids and he can’t change it either.

moshi

Reaction score
some YouTuber claims that youtube staff are switching the settings manually on youtubers and you can’t change it and some other YouTuber said their grand theft auto game was automatically forced to for kids and he can’t change it either.
Not only it is stupid and insane that the YT is using its content creators as human meat shield to protect against all liabilities of the data collection they and only they can do, but now you are held liable of all that based on the review of some anonymous YT employee that permanently changes what is or isnt for kids. This is nuts.