When can you say you have a successful channel?

Caerulean

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
'Success' can be really subjective. But for me, a successful YouTuber:
- has enough viewership to go on for years
and/or
- can live off of YouTube part-time/full-time.

For example,
- Vindsvept, an original music channel, uploads 2+ videos per MONTH and gets 30k+ views per video. I'd consider him a successful part-time YouTuber.
- Venturian Tale, a gaming channel, uploads 2+ videos per DAY and gets 30k+ views per video. I'd consider them as successful full-time YouTubers.
- Laina, a light thoughts/comedy channel, uploads 1+ videos per MONTH and gets 40k+ views per video. I'd consider her a successful part-time YouTuber.
- Christina Grimmie (R.I.P. :c), uploaded 2-4+ videos per MONTH and got 100k+ to 1m+ views per video. She was undeniably a YouTube star/sensation.

Me, a (mostly) gaming channel, uploads 2+ videos per MONTH (sometimes none), gets 10+ views EVERY OTHER video (occasionally none). You know where I belong. xD In the TRASH, haha. (I still appreciate every view and like I get though. xD)

*Note: Don't take the info I mentioned above (except for myself) as facts though. I was merely 'approximating'.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmmm this is a tricky question, mine would be successful when i can turn round and say, i've made people smile, laugh. that's what i want to see/hear :) laughter does good in this world and that's what people need :D

The_Man_XX

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it all depends on a Person and what you want for me a success would be reaching 10,000 subscribers.

Reactions: JayPlaysOfficial

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
You can't. You are only successful when others have said you are.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me it would be to make a full time income since that was the goal from the beginning :) Full time meaning covering all our monthly bills.