When can you say you have a successful channel?

RichieMerkz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As a youtuber everyone of us has the goal to succeed on youtube, but when can we say we have?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As a youtuber everyone of us has the goal to succeed on youtube, but when can we say we have?
The classic 100k, which has now turned into the '1m' subs to be a 'big' or 'popular' youtuber is so far away for a lot of people and some people might not even get there! I don't think it's fair on yourself to set your goals so high, unless you're making huge progress already..
I honestly think its for each person to decide for themselves, their 'goal' might just to have 1k followers, or get a certain number of views, or even just have a certain number of videos up.. I think you can say you've succeeded at any point in your YT career, to be honest.

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First you have to decide what you determine 'successful' is. It could be a sub count, view count, amount of money you want to make from YouTube, etc. Then once you reach that goal, you can label it as success!

Mr.Human

Reaction score
100k subs. 500€ and higher a month. That's success to ME because although I DO enjoy uploading and creating a comunity I treat YT like a job.

DieuGirl

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
First you have to decide what you determine 'successful' is. It could be a sub count, view count, amount of money you want to make from YouTube, etc. Then once you reach that goal, you can label it as success!
I would start with small goals. then once you achive them, you feel accomplishment. I was happy at 15 subs, and now I have 30. Everyone has thier own definition of success, I think. Find what works for you and keep chipping away!

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm curious about this from an outsiders perspective. I don't care how big my channel is, but curious what others (like people I know outside of YT) think of my channel. It's obviously small, but does it look pathetic, impressive, interesting, cool, etc?

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can say you have a successful channel whenever you want. Sometimes earned, sometimes not (sub botters, etc.). If you dont subbot and stuff you can say you have a truly successful channel when your at least get a decent amount of views in a reasonable amount of time depending on your channel size. That's my thought anyway.

Ampix0

Web Design Tutorials
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont care about any numbers except the ones that say I can youtube full time.

Bluebird

Reaction score
Anyone who is making more than $100 per day youtubing is successful to me. Heck, $50 per day is still successful: )

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the answer is personal and that answer for me is forever evolving.
For me initially it was to be meeting the £60/monthly Adsense payout.
Then I thought 10k subs
Then I though £1000/monthly to pay all my bills
Now im thinking 100k subs
After that? £10'000/monthly or 1mil subs.
Even if I was lucky enough to reach this - Id raise the 'made it' bar again.

With the above in mind; I guess I will never feel like I have 'made it' and will just keep pushing for bigger/better.