Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

When are you a "YouTuber"?

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Pixel & Bracket, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Pixel & Bracket
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $45
    I'm sure this will be different for everyone, but I'm super curious what your take is on when you decide to call yourself a YouTuber?

For me, I would need to feel that a substantial amount of my income is also from YouTube. Enough that I would consider it a second job in any other circumstance. I was just thinking if I were to introduce myself to someone as a "graphic designer and YouTuber", it sounds so strange and slightly pretentious to me haha.

When would you give yourself the title of YouTuber?

2. Diversified Unison
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $73
    I don't mind introduce myself as youtuber even though my channel is not that big yet. I just like to take pride of what I do.

Cameron Tarbell likes this.
  3. Veecharlie
    Cash:
    $29
    I hated the first time I said it. I encountered an old classmate and I told him what I was up to in my life, including YT and he started laughing.
    It really depends what situation I'm on, but normally if it's to some other musician I normally tell it. If it's for business it doesn't come up at all unless it's related.

4. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $8,042
    I think anyone who has been making videos regularly for a decent amount of time (at least 6 months?) could call themselves a Youtuber. I don't consider channel size or income as a criteria. It's the process that defines a YouTuber, not the results IMHO.

5. Realm Unknown
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $60
    I decided the moment I chose to start uploading. I put a lot of thought into what I would be focusing on, who I would be targetting and ultimately how the channel would feel. I feel like once you take some consideration into your channel, no matter how small, you're pushing yourself into the Youtuber direction.

Jackie Pearce likes this.
  6. Lew
    Lew
    Cash:
    $16
    For me, right now, I wouldn't introduce myself as a YouTuber. I feel like there's some stigma attached to it from some of the people I know - sort of like it's childish. Once it's proven to be a decent source of income for me, or my channel is big enough, then I'd definitely feel more comfortable saying it.

I know I shouldn't let that bother me, but it does.

zhkopec likes this.
  7. imJasonleo
    Cash:
    $7
    idk as long as you upload on a consistent basis, id say you were a youtuber.

8. TheSwedishTraveler
    I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
    Cash:
    $297
    I realised I became a youtuber, when I told my friends that I did youtube, which was between Christmas and new years.
    Even though I have made videos for over three years. But then again, I might be a big youtuber, but I still make videos.

9. TheDutchTexan
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $119
    I know some people say you aren't a YouTuber unless it is a main gig. It is (and will undoubtedly forever be) a sidegig for me. I make some money, but spend it twice over to keep the channel running. But I am serious about the content I produce, so I say I am a YouTuber. A hobbyist, but YouTuber none the less.

10. George Hudson
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $16
    if you upload content regularly. Put effort into your videos, and work hard on it. I think you deserve to call yourself a youtuber.