What's your view on Face Cam?

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I know this isn't in the... 'right' forum, but it's relative to the thread so hopefully it's okay (if not mods do let me know and I'll edit ^_^ ta)

This is 'unlisted' on YouTube right now, but if the reception is decent, perhaps I'll publish it. I really don't know!! Ha.

I'll just leave the link to it:

The beginning the spoken audio is a teeny weeny bit off, but just for a few seconds. Play 720p full screen for maximum effect lol. Honest opinions please, I really don't know whether to make this a 'thing' or just to stick with my grainy voice lmao.

Hellsiepwn

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Have filmed a 'face cam test' on Slender, but I'm reaaaally not sure haha. I am a smidge camera shy!
Like I said before, Do it if/when you feel comfortable. There's no need to feel pressured into doing something just for a bit more popularity, Your channel has grown quickly because people must have liked your videos they way they are anyway. There is no rush, your channel is still band new.

I say just keep doing what your doing for now and once you are a bit more comfortable commentating then yeah sure I'm sure your subscribers would love to see your face :p

attlas

I paid for this VIP by taking off my clothes.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've always thought of face cams as the gaming equivalent of a stage dive during a song at a concert. It's great if you do it a few times during a show (or in this case series) but if the guitarist takes a running leap off the stage into the crowd every song the people at the venue eventually either get bored with it and don't even take notice after a while or worse, they start to get really annoyed at it. FaceCamming it up should be a special occasion thing or devoted to one particular series at a time. Otherwise you just end up like a certain game controversial commentator who plays a lot of amnesia and happy wheels and has a really obnoxious fake lisp.

That's just my opinion though Frankie. TBH I've been toying with the idea of trying a FaceCammed Let'sPlay myself for a while now.

Reactions: Frankie Turner

SimpleTreasure

Everyday WarpSpider
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
mumble mumble, let me think, I Hate face cams , nothing personal really just simply don't like em (sept if livestreaming) . It's just adding your face to the bottom or top of your screen, don't see the appeal. But to ones I guess. Do it if you want and if your comfortable with it c:

Reactions: Frankie Turner

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've always thought of face cams as the gaming equivalent of a stage dive during a song at a concert. It's great if you do it a few times during a show (or in this case series) but if the guitarist takes a running leap off the stage into the crowd every song the people at the venue eventually either get bored with it and don't even take notice after a while or worse, they start to get really annoyed at it. FaceCamming it up should be a special occasion thing or devoted to one particular series at a time. Otherwise you just end up like a certain game controversial commentator who plays a lot of amnesia and happy wheels and has a really obnoxious fake lisp.

That's just my opinion though Frankie. TBH I've been toying with the idea of trying a FaceCammed Let'sPlay myself for a while now.
^ Thissy!

I have this vid out for release today, and after sleeping on it, I think this is a very good point and also what was at the back of my mind. Perhaps I'll stick to 'special occasions' like 1,000 subs or Partnership (yeah right lol). Still, the vid'll be out today. I'll be honest, I don't know what it added to the experience of watching me fail at Slender, but we'll see.

(Haha, I WONDER who that could be? Lawl)

Thanks for your thoughts all, appreciated! :)

stepmack35

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like face cams personally. I've done a few on my channel and they are pretty fun to do (although kind of annoying to set up but that's just probably me though lol). But if you feel comfortable doing it then go for it.

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I don't watch gameplays without facecam.