What's Your Process?

I do videos with different 'series' or segments every week. So I spend one day a week coming up with as many series ideas a possible like fake book reviews, or funny things to google search, and I write out 4 or 5 ideas for the series that could use to post each day.
Once I decide to do a series I make an intro in after effects or vegas, depending on the complexity, then script, and film (sometimes I rehearse it, but almost everytime I do three or four takes)

After that I edit it all together, which is the quickest part seeing as I have a fair amount of experience in it, then render, make thumbnails, and upload.

Of course when I do sketches it's an entirely different process, but for the daily videos I can usually make three or four series in one day of filming.

I do videos with different 'series' or segments every week. So I spend one day a week coming up with as many series ideas a possible like fake book reviews, or funny things to google search, and I write out 4 or 5 ideas for the series that could use to post each day.
Once I decide to do a series I make an intro in after effects or vegas, depending on the complexity, then script, and film (sometimes I rehearse it, but almost everytime I do three or four takes)

After that I edit it all together, which is the quickest part seeing as I have a fair amount of experience in it, then render, make thumbnails, and upload.

Of course when I do sketches it's an entirely different process, but for the daily videos I can usually make three or four series in one day of filming.

When you're doing sketches do you storyboard?

When you're doing sketches do you storyboard?
Oh yeah, once I have an idea for a sketch I do a story board, write out scenes, find people to be in it, then make a solid script. I think I've only done one sketch on my channel, but my roommate is also a YouTuber, and we plan his sketches the same way.

Depending on your filming style, having a funny script is probably the most important, unless you film with multiple cameras and do alot of improv imo

Back