What's your opinion

Jayel_Boss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
So guys I'm interested in modern day stuff and the popular things but i'm also interested in making content that is different from what you would normally see on youtube. Now i know most people on youtube such as Gamers, comedians and what not do videos on things that are relative these days and that's fine, but most people say in order to get noticed on youtube you must make videos about things which are popular and that will get you more viewers and what not but i don't wanna make videos on things that are popular today i want to make original content. Do you think it's possible to get noticed fast without making vids on trending topics.

Last edited:
Reactions: GameFreakTV12

Tyhd

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yes, I don't know who you're referring to when you say "they say in order to get noticed you have to make videos on trending topics" but I've never heard that albeit it may help

Reactions: Jayel_Boss

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I think its possible to get noticed fast doing both whats popular, or not doing whats popular. However, good promotion and luck are needed to get noticed fast.
I can almost guarantee you no matter what you do, you will not get noticed in fact. Dedication and time will be needed instead, regardless of what content you decide on.

Jayel_Boss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Yes, I don't know who you're referring to when you say "they say in order to get noticed you have to make videos on trending topics" but I've never heard that albeit it may help
When i say they i'm referring to some youtuber's who give out advice to grow your channel but not all of them just some.

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
My entire channel is basically founded on really old content. I do reviews of games on the GAMECUBE for goodness sake. There's an audience for everything. Make the content you want to make. Just keep in mind the audience you want to promote it to. Keep in mind, that once your video is done, you need to know exactly where you're going to promote yourself to find people interested in your niche.

Jayel_Boss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
My entire channel is basically founded on really old content. I do reviews of games on the GAMECUBE for goodness sake. There's an audience for everything. Make the content you want to make. Just keep in mind the audience you want to promote it to. Keep in mind, that once your video is done, you need to know exactly where you're going to promote yourself to find people interested in your niche.
Thanks for the helpful info

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
when your a small channel you cannot hope to compete with big youtubers doing the same content. your better off finding a niche and being a big fish in a little pond rather than the other way round

but most of all. make the content you want to make and enjoy. because either way its going to be a massive amount of hard work and time before you see any decent results anyway. so better to do something you enjoy

ShyGirlGetsLoud

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am not too sure you can grow your channel FAST with out considering what people are searching for on youtube, but I do think it is possible to do both. Use popular topics to get people to check you out, then your abstract content to keep them coming. Plus, I don't think you have to copy other popular content to grow fast, you can alter trending topics to fit your style which I feel is far more creative than people give it credit for.

SwaggerWolf

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I would say that trying to find a niche will help you to get more views, it is also important to create content that you would like to make.

GameFreakTV12

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So guys I'm interested in modern day stuff and the popular things but i'm also interested in making content that is different from what you would normally see on youtube. Now i know most people on youtube such as Gamers, comedians and what not do videos on things that are relative these days and that's fine, but most people say in order to get noticed on youtube you must make videos about things which are popular and that will get you more viewers and what not but i don't wanna make videos on things that are popular today i want to make original content. Do you think it's possible to get noticed fast without making vids on trending topics.
Trending Topics: I mean.. you may get a lot of views because that's pretty smart to post something about a trending topic. It's something people would take the time to search for and listen to. But at the same time, you have to know how to do that video. It could blow up if you are using the right tags and titles and what not.. so it's kind of iffy but in a way I think it's better off finding your niche because people will like you for you and your content and not just you and the trending topic that most likely won't deal with anything on your channel.