Whats your most & least favourite thing about YT and why?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah its sad. A lot of kids get abused on youtube. I heard a lot of the toy channels can be quite damaging to kids, some psychologist looked into it.[DOUBLEPOST=1483694492,1483694433][/DOUBLEPOST]

Your favourite thing about making content is being able to take down videos? Uh, well... Okay then lol.
My favorite thing is Yt upholding creators' rights. There's a lot of things that go on behind the scenes you may not be aware of.

Last edited:

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
some of my favourite things:
  • the fact that a waffle falling over has made me laugh so hard for reasons unknown, and has simultaneously also been viewed by more than 4 MILLION PEOPLE lmao!
  • Youtube's amazing access to analytics, being able to see that I have a subscriber or two on an island/country that I never would have known existed, and that they surprisingly watched through a video more than once! :D
  • Seeing all the great things many of the richest Youtubers do for charities, and viewers alike.
  • absolutely wonderful comments, videos, and artwork people sometimes make for silly old me is something that constantly amazes me, but it's thanks to youtube that we can have our content out to be viewed, and the ability to start a community around it.
some of my LEAST favourite things:

• People that steal content and ideas.
  • People that scam or try to cheat the system.
  • People that take advantage of their positions, and lie to, or extort their viewers.
  • the many glitches and problems the site gets (though at least they are always working on fixing them)

Pluto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
some of my favourite things:
  • the fact that a waffle falling over has made me laugh so hard for reasons unknown, and has simultaneously also been viewed by more than 4 MILLION PEOPLE lmao!
  • Youtube's amazing access to analytics, being able to see that I have a subscriber or two on an island/country that I never would have known existed, and that they surprisingly watched through a video more than once! :D
  • Seeing all the great things many of the richest Youtubers do for charities, and viewers alike.
  • absolutely wonderful comments, videos, and artwork people sometimes make for silly old me is something that constantly amazes me, but it's thanks to youtube that we can have our content out to be viewed, and the ability to start a community around it.
some of my LEAST favourite things:

• People that steal content and ideas.
  • People that scam or try to cheat the system.
  • People that take advantage of their positions, and lie to, or extort their viewers.
  • the many glitches and problems the site gets (though at least they are always working on fixing them)

I think the analytics thing is a great example. It is genuinely awesome that we get all these tools for free, and seeing exactly where all your viewers come from is kinda humbling/eye opening in a way.

For sure, people who extort their fans are some of the worst kind of folks, I can't stand stuff like that.

Btw, great animations :)

Reactions: Lightsen

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I think the analytics thing is a great example. It is genuinely awesome that we get all these tools for free, and seeing exactly where all your viewers come from is kinda humbling/eye opening in a way.

For sure, people who extort their fans are some of the worst kind of folks, I can't stand stuff like that.

Btw, great animations :)
I can get so off track just messing about in analytics sometimes haha :D

also thank you! :D

Dadrules

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Title says it all really! Just interested in everyone's opinions. Personally my favourite thing is the community, at its strongest, it can really influence a lot of stuff :) My least favourite thing is trying to grow a small channel, its unrewarding and tough. If you do it, I suppose it's worth it in the end, I can't speak from experience haha.
My favourite thing on you tube is expansion and growth, everyone is waiting for that viral video or that ramp up in a dramatic views but the reality is , if you continue each day to do what you are doing ( considering what your doing is right ) then the same time next year your channel will have grown, even if it is not as trending as others. Many forget that as much as its great to do a trending topic , this is opens the ladder on competition. The least trending your content is gives it an edge, if the content is still above average in search anyway

My least favourite things on you tube is spamming, channels spamming your channel asking if you want a shout out. Usually its with , " great video but i have so many subs and would you like a shoutout ". One, they have not even watched or liked the video they are commenting on and to why would a channel want to shout out a topic that does not trend with their own subscriber base. Man these are annoying

Kind regards
dadrules

Reactions: Pluto

Pluto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My favourite thing on you tube is expansion and growth, everyone is waiting for that viral video or that ramp up in a dramatic views but the reality is , if you continue each day to do what you are doing ( considering what your doing is right ) then the same time next year your channel will have grown, even if it is not as trending as others. Many forget that as much as its great to do a trending topic , this is opens the ladder on competition. The least trending your content is gives it an edge, if the content is still above average in search anyway

My least favourite things on you tube is spamming, channels spamming your channel asking if you want a shout out. Usually its with , " great video but i have so many subs and would you like a shoutout ". One, they have not even watched or liked the video they are commenting on and to why would a channel want to shout out a topic that does not trend with their own subscriber base. Man these are annoying

Kind regards
dadrules
All good points! I agree with you on the spam, its really irritating when people do that... People focus far too much on 'fame', they should just focus on enjoying themselves.

Reactions: Dadrules

Dadrules

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Totally agree with you bud, got to like doing it and really in a passionate way or its going to be a burn out.:)

Reactions: Pluto

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My favourite thing about YouTube is that there is always something new you're going to love, even if it takes a little bit of digging. There's so much gold out there.
My least favourite thing would be sifting through all the crap in order to find said gold! People making content they obviously don't care about, carbon copies of other creators, videos begging for likes and subscribers with no real incentives - there are so many of those, it's sad. So many people start to make content based on what they think will get them views rather than putting together something they are genuinely proud of.

Reactions: Pluto and Dadrules