What's Your Fanbase Like?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Hey all. I'm wondering what your fanbase is like for all of you?
For me, it's small, but very positive. Every time I upload a video, I see the same few people commenting, praising the video and sometimes even giving constructive criticism. Even though my fanbase is currently very small, I'm grateful for the people who do consistently watch my videos and comment.
How about the rest of you?

I have quite a few people that watch my videos and keep commenting on them. I am not a big YouTuber at all, but I am amazed what the right video can yield in interactions. And that is why I do it. The connection to fellow human beings with the same passion that transcends everything else. Sure, you get the hate every once and a while too, but that is part of the game. The delete button and hide future comments from this user is easily pressed on that one!

My viewerbase feels a lot like an empty room, but I know out there there are a few people that enjoyed my stuff.

It all seemed to happen around the time I went daily - but around that time I picked up a "notification squad" and started recognising a good % of the people who comment on my videos. It's great seeing the same people come back and watch my videos every single day.

It's one thing seeing views go up, or seeing the subscriber count tick up - but seeing that you actually have viewers who enjoy your content enough to come back every single day is just a wonderful feeling!

I also chat with some of them over Twitter DMs and 99% of them seem like really awesome people.

More recently, some of them have started answering each others questions and interacting with each other in the comments. The start of a little community! It's awesome.

I don't like using the term "fan" but I do have a few subs who have been subbed to me and supported my channel for over 3 years I believe, maybe longer. Posting comments a lot, liking my videos. Even though I never met these people, I do feel some sort of connection with them, which is what Youtube is essentially starting to not become.

I've got a few people now who always post replies on videos. It's nice to see the same people from the beginning keep coming back.

Strangely when I post non video stuff on Reddit (so I don't get harassed by mods of other forms that I don't go to, yeah it's happened) some people say "keep it up with the videos" and that's nice to hear!

It depends on the video, really. My long hair audience is very loyal, and very interactive. They tend to ask a lot of questions, and have a ton of things to say about their own experiences growing long hair.

The cooking videos get me a good number of people who like to cook, or (oddly) DON'T like to cook, but like to watch videos about cooking. They also ask questions, mostly about substitutions they can make to recipes.

The puppet videos are mostly watched by other YouTube creators, I find. They tend to comment because they're polite. :)

Small yet positive.

Well depends if the video has been shared to reddit and got somewhat popular it can be a mixed bag.

For example my most popular video the fanbase there is kind of... strange.. yet for some of our other videos they are quite tame and positive.

Mine is mostly made up of kids around the age of my kids. Almost all the comments on new videos are requests for my next video, even when the video was originally their request. Once a video has been up for a bit, then I get more comments about the video itself. I have a fair amount of subscribers, but 10 - 20 "regulars" who comment on almost every video, even if all of their comments are just requests.

I did just receive my first donation on Patreon, though, which is nice. I have a system set up where your request goes onto a list I have hosted online, but you can donate to have yours moved to the front of the list. So someone actually gave me money to have me do their request sooner. Granted, my request list is about 480 days worth of requests, so their request moved ahead about a year and a half.

most of my traffic comes from non subscribers who dont really leave any comments or such. I have a video with 30k views with a few hundred comments and few thousand likes and i have 450 subs so not too bad :) i do have a few guys who keep coming back.

Back