Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

What's with the people leaving generic comments on your videos?

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Gary Hobbesworth, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Gary Hobbesworth
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $82
    It seems like as soon as I upload a video, within 24 hours I get comments saying stuff like "nice video," and they're not by ordinary users but by accounts with the names of their crappy promotional channels. Is this a new thing to YouTube or did I just discover a form of spam that's been going on for years and YouTube just does nothing about it? Or has leaving scripted remarks indicating you never watched the video become the new "FIRST!!!"?

2. Farley Productions
    Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
    Cash:
    $197
    I don't know honestly. I think some of those people just want attention. And I'm sure they don't watch the videos at all. To me it's a form of spam too. "Nice video" is more okay then "FIRST!" though.
    But I'll gladly have those comments instead of the "Hey, nice channel bro! I just smashed your subscriber button. So make sure you check out my channel and return the favor!" Ugh...no. If I'm interested in your content I'll gladly sub. Otherwise I don't do "sub4sub" garbage. =\

But that's just my opinion anyways.

Gary Hobbesworth likes this.
  3. umbysworld
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $11
    Every time I post something in the category of music there's these two channels that will spam me with stuff like "great vid" or something. And this was on music videos about having a sexual attraction to triangles and losing chapstick inside your lady parts. I don't think "great vid" does them justice.

4. Scootakip [Lana]
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $60
    I get the feeling that it's for self-promotion in a way. I got 2 channels simply comment "nice video" on my new video, and they both had each other subboxed... Weird...

5. xingcat
    Be good to self.
    Cash:
    $876
    I think most of them are channels looking for you to subscribe to them or some other weirdo form of spam. I don't understand it too much. If they're just being generic and dumb, I'll usually write back, "Thanks so much!" because they can't hear the sarcasm over the computer, right?

6. Gibbsy3
    Cash:
    $6
    I've had this same exact thing, I got excited the first time and then the next time I clocked on to the situation lol

7. World's Greatest
    Cash:
    $20
    People doing this should give up youtubing or create different content.

Malousak likes this.
  8. TheSwedishTraveler
    I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
    Cash:
    $58
    It´s just people wanting to promote their own channels.
    It has also happened to me with a few users, that have commented on my videos, and always end the comment with a question mark, which bothered me until another commenter let me know that it´s computer generated, that they post that comment on a lot of videos!

9. OrbitGuy
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $21
    It's often music channels who comment on mine that are trying to get you to look at their channel. Their method of getting exposure is to comment on like every new video they can find and hope that a few people inevitably check out their channel and like it. It's basically spam. Based on their sub counts I guess it does have some rate of success though. Not a lot, but maybe a small amount.

10. sanitary103
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $168
    I had music channels do that recently as well.