What's the worst popular video you've ever seen?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
What's the worst "popular" video you have ever watched (or watched only part of it because it was so bad) ?

I'm talking about videos getting millions of views and you just don't understand the appeal.

Here's 2 of mine.

Video 1: A Youtuber records himself livestreaming while he's counting from 1 to 100,000 - That's it! It has 9 million views - It took him 40 hours but he had to edit it down to less than 24 hours because it's a restriction of his Adobe editing software:

Video 2: "Charlie bit my finger" A baby biting his brother's finger. This is one of YouTube's old school viral videos. 800 million views !! Just luck I guess that this particular video went viral. Meh, I don't get it.

Thoughts ? What are the most overrated popular videos (millions of views) that you've seen?

MrDooney

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I love charlie bit me lol. But I hate everything mr beast makes lol. I personally hate anything from psy, ksi, and team 10. also lots of music like katy perry, miley cyrus, bieber, just cause it sounds awful lol.

Reactions: Crown

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
The kid in Charlie bit my finger has a really cute British accent which is probably one of the main reasons it went viral

I personally dislike the whole disstrack trend that has been happening on both English and Dutch YouTube
Disstracks were fun when it was done by actual rappers like Skepta.

Some of those raps aren't even that good and mostly sound like those poems that you had to write for the person which you were the secret santa of (or at least that was a tradition at my elementary school lol)
And most of those disstrack videos are filmed by cameramen who shake the camera around as if they're using it as their controller while playing Rainbow Road on Mario Kart

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How can you not like "Charlie Bit My Finger", you monster?! :bounce:

So much of YouTube is just totally beyond my understanding as to why it would appeal to anyone. I won't pick on any individual channels but some are real head-scratchers out there.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Anyone ever hear of hikakin? Basically the whole channel

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think anything's ever going to top Chris Crocker's "Leave Britney Alone!" video from way back in the day. It was dumb and totally meant something to him (he was just a kid at that time) and video on the internet was a new thing, and it really showed what could happen with online amateur video sharing.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I loved the Charlie Bit my finger video so much - I named my first child Charlie.
I have 2 videos each with 10 million views that are the worst popular videos ive seen if that counts..

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
All the YouTube Rewinds, and of course, OPPAN GANDAM STYLE!!!111

EDIT- damn, I read that as 'most famous' not 'worst famous'. LMAO IDK. The worst for me are the ones that show a trailer and just a 2 minute reaction to it... after showing the entire trailer uninterrupted and they get as much views as the original trailer does.

Last edited: