What's the Longest Break You Have Taken From YouTube?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
In 2016 I hadn't uploaded for a few months during the summer. That was back when I didn't take Youtube as seriously as I do now, and it was before I found a type of video that I really enjoyed making.[DOUBLEPOST=1491329315,1491329234][/DOUBLEPOST]
A week at most.
What about Youtube channels like mine, where my videos take weeks, if not months, to finish? Saying that it isn't acceptable to go a week without uploading is pretty silly.

Reactions: Dig

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The longest I went without releasing a video was about 1 month. However Im about 3 weeks without new video now and I havent filmed anything yet so I may break that record.

This time of year isnt the best for my vids, weather isnt great, and the scenery just isnt there but I have some ideas I might try later this week.

At most I can get about 4 videos a month out but it all depends on weather and finances.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't remember how long I think it was 2 weeks when I had my appendix removed I was in the hospital for a couple days. The day before I went into hospital I was going to film a video and all of sudden I had this horrible sharp pain I waited a day before I went to the hospital and then I went to the emergency room and found out it was my appendix.

FunWithTheBugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
I don't remember how long I think it was 2 weeks when I had my appendix removed I was in the hospital for a couple days. The day before I went into hospital I was going to film a video and all of sudden I had this horrible sharp pain I waited a day before I went to the hospital and then I went to the emergency room and found out it was my appendix.
Well, I guess that's a good reason to not upload a video. Unless if your a vlogger. Then that would make great video. LOL

TheILupo

Reaction score
3 years currently! I fell out of love with youtube and left with no intention of returning really. I'd say for the last year or so though that the idea has been floating around my head. This week I took the dive and started to produce some videos again. Needless to say, I am loving it again!

It probably may have effected my growth somewhat but I would rather take this long break that post videos I am not proud of. Hence why I deleted all the old videos from my channel. I used to have a nice group of active subscribers that I used to interact with. Hopefully I can get that again with some hard work!

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1 year. Slowly i'm trying to produce some videos again. I need some regularity in my daily life in order to find an upload schedule for youtube. But I'm find with that for now. Main priority is to make video's that I like and are decent quality. If it takes a little longer it is fine. I think that during the summer there is more time for it.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My consistently can fluctuate due to mental health reasons - sometimes I disappear for a month before uploading again. I know it's my biggest downfall when it comes to channel growth, but it's something I'm working to fix.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The longest break I took during my whole YT Career was over 2 months, due to the fact that my Grandma died.