What's the easiest way to create a thumbnail?

Djams

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys!

I've been having a little bit of problem with creating really good thumbnails, so I was wondering if any of you have any good tip/advice on creating good thumbnails? Should one have a photo of oneself for example as background or an coloured background?

At the moment I use Pixlr but I feel like there should be something else out there that is better as a tool to use to create good thumbnails.

All tip/advice is really helpful, so feel free to leave your tip/advice!

Thanks! I'm out!

Brainbean

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You really cant go wrong with Photoshop. I started by using Paint.net as an easy free method of making basic custom thumbnails. As I got more serious with it though I realized that I needed to really work on creating better looking thumbnails because having an enticing professional looking thumbnail is incredibly important. The thumbnail is like a book cover, you really need to put some effort into making it stand out. I highly recommend taking the time to learn some basic Photoshop skills. You can buy the elements version of Photoshop which is much cheaper than the full version and it will give you plenty of tools to create some nice thumbnails.

Good luck, I hope you find a good solution that works for you.

Reactions: Willyghee

Djams

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your advice! Looks like Photoshop may be the solution then! I will look into it!

Thanks again, really appreciate the advice! Have a good one!

Willyghee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You really cant go wrong with Photoshop. I started by using Paint.net as an easy free method of making basic custom thumbnails. As I got more serious with it though I realized that I needed to really work on creating better looking thumbnails because having an enticing professional looking thumbnail is incredibly important. The thumbnail is like a book cover, you really need to put some effort into making it stand out. I highly recommend taking the time to learn some basic Photoshop skills. You can buy the elements version of Photoshop which is much cheaper than the full version and it will give you plenty of tools to create some nice thumbnails.

Good luck, I hope you find a good solution that works for you.
I definitely agree with Brainbean, Photoshop is the way to go! It does take a little bit of time to get used to as it is a very advanced program but once you get the hang of it you will be making professional thumbnails in no time! All of my video thumbnails where made in Photoshop so look at some of mine and tell me what you think!

Good luck!

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have a pc the best software to use is photofiltre its free and as good as photoshop

Reactions: Djams

Djams

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yo Willyghee just checked out your channel and your thumbnails are legit! :up2: Nice channel by the way!

Reactions: Willyghee

Ninya

Reaction score
If you want an easy way to create thumbnails use Picmonkey its free and easy to use or you can use Photoshop and I have a video no my channel on how to get it for free in like 2 minutes and the link is probably gonna get deleted sooner or later so download it and see if you like it :)

Djams

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want an easy way to create thumbnails use Picmonkey its free and easy to use or you can use Photoshop and I have a video no my channel on how to get it for free in like 2 minutes and the link is probably gonna get deleted sooner or later so download it and see if you like it :)
Thanks Ninya, will check out your channel now!

Ryan Kuznicki

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
@Djams Hey Saw this and here is a site you can use. Try out canva you will have to play around with it a bit but it is easy and fun to use. P.S its nothing like photoshop or even pixlr.

Reactions: Djams