What's the best way to go about starting a channel?

StephO

Reaction score
Hi! I've recently started a channel but I don't know how to go about getting my channel off the ground!

I would appreciate all the advice I can get!

THANKS,

StephO

curiousflavor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just started my channel again but I think all the basic advice you find when googling "how to start a YouTube channel" applies. One thing I found helpful was this site called, unopinion. You can get third party and constructive feedback on videos you upload. I think it's helpful especially when you want honest feedback on your content.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
"how to start a YouTube channel"
Yes you could google it but you could also just start:) I take it that you have an idea of what kind of content you will make, so start making videos. Content is king and is you start there the rest will follow.. In the beginning you should spend most of your time making videos and then the next step would be to get people to watch them (it goes without saying that this is easier with good vids:))

Next step would be to work on SEO, sharing the videos on social media and doing collabs (all free and good ways to get the ball rolling):)

PEACE

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Welcome to the journey. :) I would check out Video Creators on YouTube. They are dedicated to giving tips to people small and large.

From what I've learned in my short time:
-Make a plan and set goals.
-Watch other channels in your genre and take notes of what you like.
-Find groups in social media and get involved. I cannot stress how important this is.
-Do what you want, not what is "popular".
-Don't afraid to be different. This is what can set you apart.
-Constantly jot down ideas. I use Trello for this, and make video plans if it evolves into a video.
-Be patient. Growth is going to be very slow in the beginning, so don't get discouraged.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First you should start by making videos that you enjoy making and things will start to fall in place.:)

You could also pick a nich you are really interested in and then start making videos around that topic.

There’s also lots of good information on this forum, just take a look around in the YouTube branding, strategies, techniques thread and you will find some great advice on there.