What's the best way to get views on your video from social media?

HiTech Central

Reaction score
What I like the most about this forum is the fact that most advice's are given by users that clearly struggle to gain subs and views themselves :).

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I like the most about this forum is the fact that most advice's are given by users that clearly struggle to gain subs and views themselves :).
There's nothing wrong with that. YouTube is changing, and what worked for successful YouTubers doesn't necessarily work anymore.

For the record, I've gotten more useful practical advice on this forum than from the How-To videos on popular channels (including YT's own official videos). Not that the advice is they give is bad, but doing that stuff seems to make zero difference because every serious creator is doing it - so how do you stand out?

Roasted poo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
When I first created our Youtube channel I did it for fun memories recorded on video. This was all done about a month or two ago. It surprisingly attracted some good feedback with likes. I then decided to make it my side project and gave my little ones a taste of responsibility with jobs. I'm 23 so I'm quite busy ya know....but I still believe we're off to a good start. (with the little effort we have put into it). I rather start nice and slow while learning how YouTube works and creating good content (I hope?) Rather than spamming 7 videos a week while making videos "not fun for us". I do have extra cash in the side but won't pay for ads or other stuff needed for our channel until i see all 6 members do some work to earn it!(Other memebers are 7-17) Ye, Mate!

Now back to the topic! I created an Instagram account about 2 weeks ago and went from 13 subs to 36 subs on Youtube and most of our videos gained a nice amount of views while watch time jumped up from only having 27 IG followers lol. Not only did that happened my "suggested video traffic" also went up from 3% to 14%. Coincidence? I haven't even had time to promote our Instagram channel to their friends or our family ( I hope they do that on their own ha). (same goes for facebook,twitter, ect..). Our Instagram is just HOT with good content ( I hope again)!

Now to get to the point:
If i believe my advice and small success with one thing can help someone else. You dang sure I'm going to post it. Hell yeeeee mate i will lol

Someone's strengths can be someones weakness. What works for someone may not work for someone else. What doesn't work for someone might work for someone else. Ya will never know unless you try.

Last edited:

HiTech Central

Reaction score
For the record, I've gotten more useful practical advice on this forum than from the How-To videos on popular channels (including YT's own official videos). Not that the advice is they give is bad, but doing that stuff seems to make zero difference because every serious creator is doing it - so how do you stand out?
This is exactely the problem...on this forum you should be able to find good info to grow your channel. But if everyone is giving advices whether he/she knows what he/she is taking about or not, it is becoming increasingly harder to find the right info that can actually help you grow if the forum is overstuffed. I am just saying that if you know what you are talking about then share whith the others but if your a noob then learn first, then if something works for you and want to help the rest of the community, do it.[DOUBLEPOST=1524665773,1524665715][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is exactely the problem...on this forum you should be able to find good info to grow your channel. But if everyone is giving advices whether he/she knows what he/she is taking about or not, it is becoming increasingly harder to find the right info that can actually help you grow if the forum is overstuffed. I am just saying that if you know what you are talking about then share whith the others but if your a noob then learn first, then if something works for you and want to help the rest of the community, do it.[DOUBLEPOST=1524666434][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I first created our Youtube channel I did it for fun memories recorded on video. This was all done about a month or two ago. It surprisingly attracted some good feedback with likes. I then decided to make it my side project and gave my little ones a taste of responsibility with jobs. I'm 23 so I'm quite busy ya know....but I still believe we're off to a good start. (with the little effort we have put into it). I rather start nice and slow while learning how YouTube works and creating good content (I hope?) Rather than spamming 7 videos a week while making videos "not fun for us". I do have extra cash in the side but won't pay for ads or other stuff needed for our channel until i see all 6 members do some work to earn it!(Other memebers are 7-17) Ye, Mate!

Now back to the topic! I created an Instagram account about 2 weeks ago and went from 13 subs to 36 subs on Youtube and most of our videos gained a nice amount of views while watch time jumped up from only having 27 IG followers lol. Not only did that happened my "suggested video traffic" also went up from 3% to 14%. Coincidence? I haven't even had time to promote our Instagram channel to their friends or our family ( I hope they do that on their own ha). (same goes for facebook,twitter, ect..). Our Instagram is just HOT with good content ( I hope again)!

Now to get to the point:
If i believe my advice and small success with one thing can help someone else. You dang sure I'm going to post it. Hell yeeeee mate i will lol

Someone's strengths can be someones weakness. What works for someone may not work for someone else. What doesn't work for someone might work for someone else. Ya will never know unless you try.
When you will have 10k subs you could realy share valuable information because you've spent enough time to know what worked for your channel. But with 3 months and 30 subs is pure guess what really helped you get from 20 to 30 subs. I am wondering if you will share your knowledge when you'll have 10k. I guess not.

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you share your YouTube video on Facebook, do you just simply say "Check out the latest video." and just share the link? Do you delete that automatic tab that appears when you paste a link or do you instead upload the video's thumbnail? I would love to hear your approach to bringing your social media audience over to YouTube.
I usually just let the automatic tab post it on Twitter but sometimes I will I'm check the automatic tab and then I will download the thumbnail of my video post that with a link to the video I also use Instagram to promote my videos I will simply download the thumbnail of the video posted on Instagram with some relevant YouTuber related hashtags and then I will put the video link in my bio I will also put it in my story on Instagram for me that helps get me some views but it really depends on how much of the following you have on any given social media the more followers the more of them will go and check out your video

Roasted poo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
This is exactely the problem...on this forum you should be able to find good info to grow your channel. But if everyone is giving advices whether he/she knows what he/she is taking about or not, it is becoming increasingly harder to find the right info that can actually help you grow if the forum is overstuffed. I am just saying that if you know what you are talking about then share whith the others but if your a noob then learn first, then if something works for you and want to help the rest of the community, do it.[DOUBLEPOST=1524665773,1524665715][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is exactely the problem...on this forum you should be able to find good info to grow your channel. But if everyone is giving advices whether he/she knows what he/she is taking about or not, it is becoming increasingly harder to find the right info that can actually help you grow if the forum is overstuffed. I am just saying that if you know what you are talking about then share whith the others but if your a noob then learn first, then if something works for you and want to help the rest of the community, do it.[DOUBLEPOST=1524666434][/DOUBLEPOST]
When you will have 10k subs you could realy share valuable information because you've spent enough time to know what worked for your channel. But with 3 months and 30 subs is pure guess what really helped you get from 20 to 30 subs. I am wondering if you will share your knowledge when you'll have 10k. I guess not.
I'm pretty sure I will lol.

I mean I still visit a Pokemon RPG forums that I use to play when I was younger ha. And don't worry man after I get my 10k subscribers you'll be the first to get notice through Pms ;)

In all honestly I get where you're coming from but free advice from peeps never hurts. You don't have to be so negative,dewd.

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's not at all what I was saying in my post. Frankly, if the advice works for me, I don't care how many subs a person has. Lots of subs can come from anywhere: legit or non-legit places.

Last edited:

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I found that the best way to get people to consistently return to your videos on social media was to simply be genuine and active. I have since deleted my twitter, but whenever I uploaded a video, I would tweet it out personally, typing out each message, rather than doing anything automatically! However, it was more of a secondary part of my twitter, I mainly used it to keep in contact with friends, make new friends, tweet my opinions and funny stories and have dialogue with people, and this drove people to view my content more than anything else really could! Not only did I make some cool new friends, and have some incredible memories from it, but I could also get consistent views and shares as being part of a community means everyone will help each other out!

All in all, just be genuine with it, if people think it's just an automatic tweet, they're less likely to check it out.