What's the best type of font to use for a Thumbnail to draw attention?

ItsMeRay

Hey there, Ray here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you google or youtube, you'll probably find a bunch. Some of my favorites are:
  • Obelix Pro Bold
  • Plump
  • Slant
  • Brushblow
  • Impact
  • Another Danger
Avoid using the font "Comic Sans" because it's literally the worst font out there.

Daphydeez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Head over to dafont.com they have an endless amount of fonts for YOU to choose from. There is no font on earth known to boost vids, ppl click on what they want to see. And sometimes that video just may have a really eye pleasing font, but it doesn't reel them in so to speak.

I love that website [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gilded_Overlord

Gilded_Overlord

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you google or youtube, you'll probably find a bunch. Some of my favorites are:
  • Obelix Pro Bold
  • Plump
  • Slant
  • Brushblow
  • Impact
  • Another Danger
Avoid using the font "Comic Sans" because it's literally the worst font out there.
Untitled-1.jpg
yo man I had to copy yo style you were right man! Obelix pro bold is a really nice font! I appreciate the tips!!

pcgamergirl

Coffee Fiend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know about font preference, but, in theory the color yellow enhances concentration and captures attention - so its use, aside from the obvious contrast, could just be used to capture a person's attention and make them focus on something. It's the same reason the color yellow is dominantly used for legal pads, post it notes, caution signs/tape, the Yellow Pages (being essentially a giant book of ads), #2 pencils, etc. There's also the theory that a yellow background with a black font is the easiest to read.

Probably not super useful info, but food for thought.

Reactions: Gilded_Overlord

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Always been a fan of white Impact with a black border. Sometimes I use gimmicky fonts for specific words like "hot" or "spicy" with flame shaped letters.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Welcome to the forums. Hope you're finding it useful

That being said - please don't reply to threads that are nearly 4 years old with last reply also from nearly 4 years ago.
this thread was made April 2017 last reply Aug 2017.

also most of the users on this thread haven't logged on in years
if you hover your mouse or tap their avatars you can see when they last logged in