What's The Best Live Stream Set-up?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been struggling with this for a few weeks now and I am more confused as ever. We want to do some live streams and we have looked at many videos to make this happen but we are not sure where to go from here. What do you guys and gals use?

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What exactly are you wanting to live stream? Real life scenarios or your computer/gaming?

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It would just be us talking into the camera, nothing more.
How professional do you want to get? Because you technically could just use your Webcam with a better microphone and lighting. However, if you're dead set on getting the best quality I recommend the Wecaster X2 which allows you to set up your DSLR camera as . a streaming device. It's about $300, and I wouldn't expect 4K video to come to this device.. But Epiphan, the developers, do have another product called the Pearl 2 which will run you about $9,000 for 4k lol...

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hoofta. LOL. Yeah, that would be out of the budget lines at $4000.00. We have a good webcam and a good sound set-up but I don't think the sound system is compatible with going live (it is a Tascam US-4x4 used in a podcast at one time). Our Webcam is a Logitech c920. Now we have a 1080p camcorder but the computer has only HDMI output only.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It might be, as long as the sound system connects to the video device alone. I know the Webcaster allows HDMI audio input but I don't know if your setup has an HDMI port for that. I really don't know too much about separate sound systems other than external microphones.

Reactions: Trexpedition Crew