What's the average size of a 1080p 30fps 10-13 minutes video?

techyt

Reaction score
Hello!

I hope you are doing great! Simple as that, I'm curious to know the size, I believe we should export in H.264
- What's your average size for a 10 minutes video?
- How much time does it take to upload to youtube?

** What would be considered a red flag? like 100GB for a 10 minute video means you are doing something wrong?

thank you so much for your time and help!

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well a 14 minute video i made ended up being 1.37GB, on my old internet it took about 8 hours to upload but if i uploaded it again now it would take around 25 minutes. I don't know if video sizes are a red flag because there are so many 10 hours videos so if any file size could cause a red flag i doubt you tube would allow 10 hour videos to be posted.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello!

I hope you are doing great! Simple as that, I'm curious to know the size, I believe we should export in H.264
- What's your average size for a 10 minutes video?
- How much time does it take to upload to youtube?

** What would be considered a red flag? like 100GB for a 10 minute video means you are doing something wrong?

thank you so much for your time and help!

Welcome to the forum. :)

Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
For a 14 minute video of mine published at 1080p the video ended up being 1.3 GB in data. Which is not that bad in terms of file size.
And my Internet is pretty slow so it can take anywhere from 2-8 hours to upload depending on who is also using the Internet at my house. It's why I upload my videos in advance for scheduled days just to be safe. =]

techyt

Reaction score
Thank you so much everybody! You all have been of great help.
It's the first video I will edit so it's taking me a little bit too long because I'm learning a lot of stuff but I'm liking it

Qoncussion

Reaction score
The size of any video can be determined solely based on the bit rate at which it is rendered. You can Google video bitrate calculators for a more precise answer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk