What's the average ratio of subscribers to whole channel views?

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
So I recently came across a video on the youtube channel of Alan Spicer titled "Why You are Getting Views But Not Subscribers."

I have to wonder: How is one supposed to know they're in the market for such a video? What exactly is the average rate for an organically grown youtube channel of subscribers to total channel views?

And don't tell me that this statistic is impossible to calculate. Remember that both of those are publicaly available statistics. The stats on a channel's "about" page do not show individual video views (you could, in theory, go down each video and tally the individual views, but it would take forever), but it definitely shows the total views across the whole channel. You can also see the channel's total subscribers from nearly any page on that channel.

Considering that socialblade is somehow able to automatically keep track of the public stats for literally every channel on youtube, I'd have to imagine that either the stats, or the data needed to compile the stats, are out there somewhere.

So when a small youtuber looks at these two stats, at what percentage of subscribers to views should they be concerned that they're gaining views but not subscribers, and therefore should be in the market for such a video?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
mine is 425,942 views 2,909 subscribers all organic.

I think your see a pretty wide swing across content types though.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It’s hard to say. If you have say 5 videos with 1000 subscribers then it’s very different that 200 videos with 50000. I think 100:1 views to subs is good. Higher is better as you’re in the system more

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
It's impossible to calculate as there are simply too many variables.
Are you doing meme videos? Animations? Gaming? Makeup? Are you doing anything new? Are your videos even good? You can get loads of views and no subs or tons of subs and no views (1000 subs with no video channels).

In a niche like DIY VR (Something I did once) I could get a sub for every 10-50 views IF IT WAS A GOOD VIDEO whereas with normal gaming it was a subscriber per couple hundred views.

Reactions: markkaz

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have not seen anyone talk about overall channel numbers, what I have seen is per video numbers. Some of the "experts" on YT have said 10% views is good. Meaning for each 1,000 subs, you should get about 100 views. I am doing better than the 10%. With 2,600 subs I am averaging 500 views on most vids. My concern is that over 70% of my views are from non-subs. I am having a hard time getting people to sub.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Subs per view is an interesting topic to ponder but as mentioned above, there are many variables. If a channel provides kids content, they tend to subscribe less but watch a lot of videos. My ratio is over 1,000 views per new subscription.

image.jpeg