What's My Value Proposition?

Omeo

Reaction score
Can someone PLEASE help me figure out what my value proposition is? I'm doing my homework and the #1 thing all the YouTube gurus all say is the first and foremost thing you gotta do is figure out your value proposition and I don't know how to do that, beyond saying "You should watch my videos because you like what I have to say". That's it. That's all I know.

I run a channel called Serious Issues (the link below STILL doesn't work, after numerous attempts to get help with that) where I talk about politics, technology, philosophy, and I also try to do more casual stuff and have fun. It's basically a variety channel, which is part of the reason it's so hard to articulate what I'm all about. The only consistent element in every video is me. I'm pretty much talking about things that interest me and expressing some opinions and hoping to find some like-minded people; or at least, people who like to talk about my topics, even if they disagree with me.

Does anyone know any questions I can ask myself to get to the heart of why people should watch my stuff? I've already tried Tim Schmoyer's book, but I still can't come up with a better answer than "You should watch my videos because you like what I have to say." Anyone else ever struggle to convey their core value?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
As I read this, your value proposition is providing a place for open discussion about various things. You provide a (hopefully) researched opinion and information on the matter, allowing others to form their own opinion and arguments, either for or against your own.

Your value proposition is not about what you do in your videos, but what you provide others with it. Some do comedy and provide their viewers with amusement and distraction. You do opinions and discussion, so your provide your audience information and a place to discuss opinions.

Hope this helped n.n

Verstuurd vanaf mijn EVA-L09 met Tapatalk

Danica Christin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there, I had a quick look at your channel and I think you provide some interesting information on sometimes controversial topics and encourage discussion. That's a great value proposition! Also, people might simply watch your videos for entertainment, and that is value too.