What's Happening Now?

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
content theft is rediculous but unfortunate.
yeah i can't handle it right now I am hoping it improves for now I have come to a compromise if they want to steal that I wont care its just me talking to a camera nothing fancy :)

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't understand why they wouldn't just ASK you if they could use the footage! It's rediculous!

Reactions: urbanlamb

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
yeah the type of theft I was encountering was well they dont ask because they are doing illegal stuff with it anyhow. Traffic sellers do this (one reason I am against) they will create a channel portal steal a bunch of stuff that is ranking in order to funnel it where they need it. Hackers do it as well to distribute malicious software. Unfortunatly two of the channels that do that are still running on youtube one was banned the other two that stole my stuff are still up and running weeks later so youtube cares not lol. However they care enough to prevent ads from being put on videos when technically a lot of stuff they are saying no to is wrong for them to say no. In the end they are just making it hard for people to function on youtube because if you have you channel enabled for monitization then companies like those collection societies target you and try to use the content id system to steal from your channel so in the end you haven't got much left for yourself lol everyone is busy taking it somehow so there is no point.

Jason Ingersoll

ingerock productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
yeah the type of theft I was encountering was well they dont ask because they are doing illegal stuff with it anyhow. Traffic sellers do this (one reason I am against) they will create a channel portal steal a bunch of stuff that is ranking in order to funnel it where they need it. Hackers do it as well to distribute malicious software. Unfortunatly two of the channels that do that are still running on youtube one was banned the other two that stole my stuff are still up and running weeks later so youtube cares not lol. However they care enough to prevent ads from being put on videos when technically a lot of stuff they are saying no to is wrong for them to say no. In the end they are just making it hard for people to function on youtube because if you have you channel enabled for monitization then companies like those collection societies target you and try to use the content id system to steal from your channel so in the end you haven't got much left for yourself lol everyone is busy taking it somehow so there is no point.
Yah this sucks for the big youtuber and the small. Just think if you had something that went viral and people stole it. How much adsense money you would lose because they view it on another channel instead of yours. Its like theft.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yah this sucks for the big youtuber and the small. Just think if you had something that went viral and people stole it. How much adsense money you would lose because they view it on another channel instead of yours. Its like theft.
it is theft and its illegal unfortunately you have to ask youtube to enforce it and they kinda are being wierd and dont seem to actually know what they are doing so when that happens I run away. They are not reading anything or taking the time to think about what they are doing that is dangerous. I got a survey from google a satisfaction survey over my latest dealing with them lets just say if the score could have gone lower past 0 I would have gone negative into it lol. Slow response time, Not taking time to read replies or Documentation submitted = scary place :) . If they actually read the info they asked you to give them I would not mind so much but at the moment they ask you to do a bunch of work and there is 90% chance the person on the receiving end is not even going to open the documents to look lol they just keep replying that you need to give them info haha. Very frustrating! Oh and when you tell them you just did send all the necessary info and if they would be so kind as to stop asking you to resubmit it and actually READ the documents they stop responding. Then you have to start faxing and that is a bit much they might as well not read the mails and just use the fax lol.

Jason Ingersoll

ingerock productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
it is theft and its illegal unfortunately you have to ask youtube to enforce it and they kinda are being wierd and dont seem to actually know what they are doing so when that happens I run away. They are not reading anything or taking the time to think about what they are doing that is dangerous. I got a survey from google a satisfaction survey over my latest dealing with them lets just say if the score could have gone lower past 0 I would have gone negative into it lol. Slow response time, Not taking time to read replies or Documentation submitted = scary place :) . If they actually read the info they asked you to give them I would not mind so much but at the moment they ask you to do a bunch of work and there is 90% chance the person on the receiving end is not even going to open the documents to look lol they just keep replying that you need to give them info haha. Very frustrating! Oh and when you tell them you just did send all the necessary info and if they would be so kind as to stop asking you to resubmit it and actually READ the documents they stop responding. Then you have to start faxing and that is a bit much they might as well not read the mails and just use the fax lol.
Super frusterating!

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't understand why they wouldn't just ASK you if they could use the footage! It's rediculous!
On my original channel I made a Joe Frazier tribute video when Joe passed away last year. Some jerkoff stole the tribute just to get extra views on his channel. When I asked the guy just to give me credit for putting it togther the guy disliked my tribute 5 times and blocked me from his channel. My point? A lot of people will do anything to get views...including stealing death dedications. So I understand how urbanlamb feels!

5 dislikes on a death tribute...welcome to f*****g youtube!